• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

8E Aftershock SC Video

hamster huey

Got it built and running. Started with Backdraft becuase it came with 17mm hubs, then added the Aftershock parts to make it short course, and a few of the latest parts from the newest version Earthquake. Its a strong SC now! All I have left is to change out the 3 diff and 4 shock fluids and waterproof the motor. Itll be waterproof then!

Next Im going to finish the truggy when I order more parts from Rob at Rampagehopups.com.

Quick specs: 3s 11.1v 5000mah 30c, 2230XL motor, 15t pinion, badlands tires, velineon vxl3s, 2075 servo, MX3 FG, Slash 2x4 watertight radio box, flipped center diff/motor mount, Redcat motor fan, Traxxas ESC fan, Associated battery straps.

[ame]

[/ame]

DanSpd

hamster huey said:
Got it built and running. Started with Backdraft becuase it came with 17mm hubs, then added the Aftershock parts to make it short course, and a few of the latest parts from the newest version Earthquake. Its a strong SC now! All I have left is to change out the 3 diff and 4 shock fluids and waterproof the motor. Itll be waterproof then!
Next Im going to finish the truggy when I order more parts from Rob at Rampagehopups.com.

Quick specs: 3s 11.1v 5000mah 30c, 2230XL motor, 15t pinion, badlands tires, velineon vxl3s, 2075 servo, MX3 FG, Slash 2x4 watertight radio box, flipped center diff/motor mount, Redcat motor fan, Traxxas ESC fan, Associated battery straps.

Nice video and aftershock. Btw you can order parts from me as well :)

P.S. I do not have those listed on the web-site but I still can get those for you

Last edited by a moderator:

hamster huey

To get an idea lets see I got the backdraft RTR used w/batteries but no TX for 135, added traxxas ESC + servo from slash plat I already had, paid $50 for each batt, had the batt straps, 10 in misc parts, had the SC parts, had the MX3 fg, sold 2 lipo batteries, 2.4 rx, and the ESC it came with for 60, so I didnt have much in it. I like it way more than the slash platinum for lots, of reasons. I bet you could build a used one under 300, new 400-450, but thats just guessing, way cheaper if you don't need it waterproof.

hamster huey

Why is that a deal breaker? Thats standard for 1/8 nitro and brushless all brands not just Redcat. Also rocks that get caught in the slash 4x4 cant get out because the pinion/spur are partially covered. The scrt10 is not covered either.

If you thought it was a prob you could get a metal spur. These are are way cheaper than a slash 4x4 or name brand 1/8 brushless. Slash 4x4 cost more fromthe start and still needs hopups to bring it to the level of the Redcat. IMO better performance and durability than the Slash Plat. (thats what this build is replacing).

IF anyone is interested I can put together an EXACT build list so you know what it would take.

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts