• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

8000 rpm clutch

kingpin

which 8000 rpm clutch can I use, does the HPI one fit or do I have to get a different one. will be getting the jetpro pipe later on. :D going to UPS to pick it up now!!!!!. :p

G

It will fit. You just need one for the CY engines. The Zen uses smaller bolts to hold the shoes on.

NUNCHUCKSKILZ

fyi. If you just change to the 8k spring you will have a 7k ingagement. You need to use the HPI clutch to get a closer 8k engagement. The HPI clutch is lightend to get the 8k engagement. With a standard CY clutch and a 8k spring, Its closer to 7k..

G

I have tried the 7500, 8000, and 9500 springs. All seem to engage pretty close to their rating. I have noticed variances from one set to another. The springs are never exact.

Jorgefigheroa

Hello rc dad I swapped out my stock clutch for thr 8000rpm and it broke after a few runs,actually it broke yesterday any ideas why that happened....thx..!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
G

What broke?

Spring, shoe pad?

Heat, dirt, moisture, can cause shoe issues.

Springs can break but its rare.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts