• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

7200mah receiver pack.

G

Here is the first Lipo I tried. It's smaller and would fit in the MT receiver box. It has less mah and was more money, though....

I am going to install it in my MT and see what happens. My MT still has the stock steering servos. They have been holding up great. We'll see if I can make some magic smoke LOL

* just a side note......

I think you can get a lot more life out of your stock servos if your EPA is set up correctly. Including in fail safe mode. The quick way to kill a servo is to stop its movement when under power. Also remember to never turn you car on when the transmitter is off. :)

-

c8d35022.jpg

Last edited:

tsudo5th

I am running 2 SM-S8166M 30kg Double Ball Bearing Metal Gear Servos. Great so far. Also have 5100mah receiver battery. Could I do a direct power on mine and get a more powerfull servos from it?

G

You can always do the direct power on any setup. It redirects power from the battery right to the servos bypassing the receiver. Will you notice a difference? I can't really say. With servos that have a heavier draw it is better for the servos and receivers. I ordered a 4PKS and the receivers are a $100 a piece. I didn't want to take chances. I have also read somewhere that it helps reduce glitches some by keeping the amp draw out of the receiver.

Trip..

This is the setup I've been looking for. I kept reading about direct wiring the servos but I haven't seen a device for wiring them.

Thank You!

G

No prob man!

That little micro splitter is really cool. It saved a lot of space in the battery box.

Silent_chaos

RCDAD said:
I received the battery its nice. I decided to also get their micro splitter to give the servos direct power and keep the load off of the receiver. Second pic is how it will get wired except I only have one steering servo in the XB.-

What if I have a non high voltage Servo (Savox throttle 1258) and I plugged into the micro-controller fed via 7.4V Killer Rc lipo 2s battery. would that damage my servo?

the steering can sustain high voltage . however, I don't want to change the throttle servo to a new one now, is there a cheaper solution?

G

I'm not as familiar with the Savox servos, but most decent servos do just fine with the higher voltage. I normally run the Hitecs and the do fine with 7.4+ volts even when only rated to 6.6 volts. There are voltage regulators out there, but I would rather spend the money on a servo if necessary.

Silent_chaos

RCDAD said:
I'm not as familiar with the Savox servos, but most decent servos do just fine with the higher voltage. I normally run the Hitecs and the do fine with 7.4+ volts even when only rated to 6.6 volts. There are voltage regulators out there, but I would rather spend the money on a servo if necessary.
Would there be a problem if I run the throttle as Hitec servo, and the steering Savox?

G

No, it would not cause a problem.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts