• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

7200mah receiver pack.

G

I'm going to try one. I've been waiting, should be awesome.

505568d0.jpg

krashkrieg

Contributor
I'm curious if you will be unplugging it when not running the car.

I've always been told to never leave Lipo plugged in when not in use and it would be such a pain to have to after each run.

G

I don't plan on it. The shut off switch is good enough for me.

G

I received the battery its nice. I decided to also get their micro splitter to give the servos direct power and keep the load off of the receiver. Second pic is how it will get wired except I only have one steering servo in the XB.

-

b064fcce.jpg

3b5f9239.jpg

pb2themax

Banned
krashkrieg said:
I'm curious if you will be unplugging it when not running the car.I've always been told to never leave Lipo plugged in when not in use and it would be such a pain to have to after each run.
That only applies to electric powered RC cars. The speed controller can drain a battery. But on a gas RC all you need to do is turn off the on/off power switch.

G

Yep, correct.....

G

Just received the micro switch in the mail so I will post of it installed in the receiver box soon.

G

Neat Receiver Box

I installed the Killer RC 7200 Lipo and Micro Splitter today. The micro splitter gets rid of the spacing taking Y cables. Another trick that works well, is to use double sided foam tape to hold the components, plugs and receiver where you want them, before you stuff in the wires. Shorten your cables as much as you can. Cut as much of the unnecessary wire out as possible. I installed the kill switch and micro splitter in the lower section of the receiver box. They fit great down there, leaving the entire top of the receiver box for this awesome battery. I split the servo wires to keep the load out of the receiver. (direct wiring) This was the main reason for the use of the micro splitter.

Items installed in this receiver box include the receiver, micro splitter, kill switch plus wiring for head and tail lights.

-

Unnecessary wire.

d9ff70f3.jpg

-

Components taped down.

c6082c1c.jpg

-

Servo wires split.

e7ade462.jpg

-

Everything installed including battery.

a78a6a3f.jpg

G

Nice setup! How would the fit be on MT? Are you running high voltage servos or have regulator? I can't run 7.4 on my servos.
That battery would not fit in the dual servo MT box, but there are smaller one out there. What servos are you running? A lot of guys are running this set up on low voltage servos. Just don't know how long they would last. The whole point for me was to get 7.4 volts to the servos for more power. That equates to quicker steering. If you regulate it to 6 volts you loose servo speed. It would give you longer run times.

The other reason to convert to lipos for me, was I don't get to run the cars every week like some of you guys do. The lipos don't have time laps discharge like the nickle batteries.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts