• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

7075rc HPI hex adapter

ChuenouXiao

Anyone have hard time mounting HPI rims and tires to there 7075rc hex adapters? Looks like the hex from the rim is very very slightly smaller. Any solution?

XBENOOB

chuefengxiong said:
Anyone have hard time mounting HPI rims and tires to there 7075rc hex adapters? Looks like the hex from the rim is very very slightly smaller. Any solution?
Yes... I have the problem with some of the wheels...

HPI star rims does not fit

Proline Desperato rims very tight but fits.

Rims from my NitroRCX Dallas edition very tight but fits.

So far... They are very tight on everything except for the HPI rims...

which they do not fit...

My solution would be to dremel the rims with a sanding disk.. Be careful to not take of too much...

ChuenouXiao

XBENOOB said:
Yes... I have the problem with some of the wheels...HPI star rims does not fit

Proline Desperato rims very tight but fits.

Rims from my NitroRCX Dallas edition very tight but fits.

So far... They are very tight on everything except for the HPI rims...

which they do not fit...

My solution would be to dremel the rims with a sanding disk.. Be careful to not take of too much...
Thanks!!! We shaved the hex on the adapter just enough for it to fit lol! Now it works fine.... thanks!!! It was a HPI rim with pro line tires. Weird huh?

ChuenouXiao

Ol said:
I was aiming for a tight fit. Try filing off the points of the hex if they are too tight.
It worked out good :D Thanks!!!! The replica King Motor all terrain tires with rim fits perfectly, but the HPI rims with pro line tires requires filing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts