• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

7075 oversized bearing hubs for XB

phreerider

hey i keep reading about oversized bearing axle hubs..can't find then on 7075 site...

still produced ? curious about the difference in size. seems more of a MT thing but if its for XB may add it in.

Ol' fart

Front And Rear Bearing Holders

They are on the parts page. Home page has featured items. 22X6x10 is the bigger size. They hold up real well, no complaints, no returns.

phreerider

i see now...more bearing for sure. definitely will add as the stock size blows out , even though i have Al carriers now could be awhile. anyway, thanks for the info!

G

The C hubs are awesome too!

phreerider

the hub holder as well i see.

very nice stuff will def add the over size hubs setup, but i just completed the alloy hubs all the way around with stock bearing size. really tightened things up, the front esp. the timing on the hex adapters and the set screw(2) alignment engages the axle race nicely, takes out 90%+ of the play. the rear is a fraction different there ..i added .7mm shimm between the hex and the bearing axle race...right on the money with set screw combo timed perfect and zero'd all the play.

which brings me to some questions

-the front axle/cv joint/dogbone. this is sold as one piece? specific name for ordering or are they seperate ?

are all the diff cups the same ,center, diff in /out?? they seem the same.

anyway, definitely seems a fraction difference on the front axles and the rear axles for race engagement on the threaded adapters for tightness and exact set screw(2) coincidence.

the steering is so much more snappy and smooth without any slop through the hubs, and the backend has no wobble on the hubs at all with the shimms in place.

NOW hubs are super stable and smooth, everything is nice and tight.

love the threaded 24mm hex adapters...wheels off quick and easy for a spray wash, blow and lube.

once i add the alloy diff boxes and 8K clutch im done and may get another new unit... 5b ,losi5ive maybe King motor something ..oh decisions. thanks for the help guys

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts