• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

4 pin setu

rampagemt

The pin that holds the aluminum gear holder is sliding out on my mt even after blue locktighting it. Do I need to make sure its clean before locktight or is there something more permanent I can use as I will be going to the square drive plate soon

G

Clean it and red locktite. Let it dry over night. It never failed me.

rampagemt

Aight. I have both mt gearing and dune runner gearing what should I do I know 25 35 25 25 is way 2 low. Either 29 31 or 35 25? I want it to have a nice take off still but more speed

G

The 29-31 is a great ratio. Even the 31-29 works and gives just a bit more top speed.

G

Yeah, just play around with them try the 29-31 then swap them to 31-29. You can see which fits your driving style. desismileys_6334.gif

G

rampagemt said:
I just tested the 29 31 and I am gonna do the 35 25 tom and see what that's like
Make sure you have some room. :) Remember stopping distance requires more room also.

Have Fun. Let us know how it turns out.

rampagemt

I will I also thought about the belt drive cause I can't seem to to get it right on my dune runner. I almost think my center diff and pinion gears are worn and need.new ones cause it won't move smoothly.

Deluge

How do the center diff gears look? If they don't look excessively worn, they should be fine.

rampagemt

From my lack of knowledge they seen totally ok I didn't touch the mesh or shims untill I got bearing kit and then now nothing is right in the center diff. I will try ordering new ring and pinion and trying just sucks its 50 for those 2 gears. How many shims are for the center diff ring.gear? I have 2 both pushing gear away from pinion on layshaft.

Deluge

Just to get a better idea of what you're talking about. What do you mean it won't move smoothly? Does the center diff feel crunchy when you try to roll it? Does it feel too tight? If it has too much play, try removing a shim and see how it reacts.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.