• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

4 pin gears or square better?

tsudo5th

Running 4 pin now and gears are getting pin hole oval. I want to know if I square will have better gear options and will they be stronger?

G

There is more options because you can run MCD gears and they have more options. I don't think the square drive are any stronger though.

tsudo5th

I will need to get the square drive kit from you. I would love to find the middle of the 25,35 and 29,31. Were could I find something like this?

G

27-33 is the ratio you are looking for. The metal ones are hard to find. I know Large Scale RC has the plastic versions. Hopefully someone will chime in on where to get a metal set.

tsudo5th

Alum.Gear(24T/25T/26T/35T) Gear Ratio 7.8:1 Modified Optional Parts for Buggy&Rally&Truck

Alum.Gear(29T/31T/25T/35T) Gear Ratio:9.6:1 for Buggy&Rally

I have these.

Alum.Gear(25T/25T/25T/35T) Gear Ratio:12.6:1 for Truck Only

And these are stock gears.

My question now is what would the 7.8 :1 do to the truck?

I know the stock are low geared and the 29-31 are more buggy mid range.

G

You will be limited to certain sizes since you can not adjust gear position. A 28 & 35 would not fit next to each other. These are the only versions I know that work.

-

fd82f4ae.jpg

tsudo5th

Sweet thank you. I now need to find the 27-33 . Quick question with gears and clutches. Will the stock clutch pads hold up with high power and 29-31 gears? Or should I try to find better compound clutch pads?

G

They will hold up fine. They hold up to my 7.5hp OBR. That's with a 8k spring. :D

G

Yes 30:30 equivalent. No bog at all. It will pull the front end up just a bit if I have good traction. The 8k spring launches my XB really good.

G

Tires are 5b fronts.

G

Could try some MCD steel gears. They're pricey, though.
Do you know who carries them?

G

tsudo5th said:
Is the belt drive going to have the 27-33 option?
I'm working to get them to make the multi ratio kit for the Redcats. It is a few months out though.

-

456272e1.jpg

G

I'm hoping to stay under $150 but if we include the carbon fiber cover it will be closer to $200. The lexan covers are just not strong enough.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts