• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

3PK & Killer Bee switch

M

magnum57

After many crashes with my rc’s :mad:I finally broke down and bought the killer Bee’s #3 kill switch for all four of my toys. :D My Son's 3pm radio must have already had the 3rd ch set it was plug and play:rolleyes: My 3PK 2.4 fasst is a little different. The hpi forum Kent gave me was worthless. Any one programmed the 3pk to work one of these switches through the 3rd channel. A step by step would be great. Pix if possible:confused:

Last edited:

DemonRC

I set my 3rd channel switch to the push switch on the top left side. It's labeled PS3. To set it up, all I had to do was:

1) Go to Menu 2

2) Select Switch

3) Set SW3 to CH3

4) Leave the servo rev at "Nor". This makes it so that the switch has to be in the pushed position for the engine to start/run.

If you want PS1 (under the steering wheel) to be your kill switch the set SW3 to CH3 instead. I used to have it set to PS1 but I accidentally pushed the switch with my thumb a few times and killed the engine during a race.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

magnum57

PS3 makes alot of since. I notice in my screen when I push the button in ch3 reads +100 when i let it out it reads -100 is that correct. Is + on and - off ???

thanks

DemonRC

That should be right. I have my main screen set to "Servo" which shows steering, throttle, and CH3. When I punch my button in CH3 goes full to the right (on). Out goes full left (off).

DemonRC

Hey, just a heads up on that 3PK. Try out the ABS function if you havn't already. The Rampage has awesome braking power and the ABS function really makes it shine. If you got a really fast servo like the JR 9100S or anything in the .13 and faster range you can set the cycle time really low where you can't even see the brake pulsing.

DemonRC

Ya the Rampage brake is almost too sensitive which is good though cause the ABS function will make it a perfect brake system.

M

magnum57

well the kill switch works great except i go around 50 yds and the motor shuts down. i walk to it and turn the front wheels and i see them turning. i get to the truck and the led is solid pull start and go. it just seems to get to the same distance and just shuts down. i cant figure out what is causing the kill switch to activate...help

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts