• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

36mm head kit

ChuenouXiao

This guy claim to have the 36mm head kit. He seem to eat the baja alive :D Do you guys think this is a great cheap way to gain more power? Who here knows how to re-build a stock engine and turn it into a 36mm head kit engine mod for the Redcat XB?

[ame]

[/ame]

Deluge

G

Installing a head kit is easy, I've done a few. You get a lot of bang for your buck with a head kit. You'd probably want to look at an ESP modded/ported head kit with a +2mm crank, as an upgrade.
Have you done it on the stock HY. I was curious on how well things match up. I've never seen the inside of a HY. Ive seen a couple of you tube vids where a head kit was installed on a CY and they had to do a little work to get everything lined up.

Deluge

I haven't touched an HY, but from what I've seen it's identical to a CY. I've never had to mess with the alignment on any I've done. They fit fine and ran perfect. I prefer Zen heads for my head kits.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

I haven't touched an HY, but from what I've seen it's identical to a CY. I've never had to mess with the alignment on any I've done. They fit fine and ran perfect. I prefer Zen heads for my head kits.
I have read many coments on the zen and how much beter the plating is compared to the CY.

foxys

One of those "you get what you pay for things" The zen costs more, but I feel it's worth it. Next year I'll be running a modded Zen... The HY will just be parts then.

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
Installing a head kit is easy, I've done a few. You get a lot of bang for your buck with a head kit. You'd probably want to look at an ESP modded/ported head kit with a +2mm crank, as an upgrade.Also, he's running a 28.5cc engine in that vid, which is smaller than the 30cc engine that the XB comes with.

Head kit examples:

ESP Mod/ESP CHAMPIONSHIP PORTED GP290 36mm kit +2MM

ESP Modified GP290 36mm kit w/ 2mm crank

RACE PORTED 30.5cc Big-Bore Combo Kit 4.25+ HP
Wow... thank you.... I'm thinking about doing head kit but not sure if it's going to be worth it. I don't know how to do head kit mod too so was wondering if someone can help me rebuild it and I can pay you for a reasonable price. Right now my XB 30cc engine with rear jetpro pipe max out at 30.6 mph with my gps mounted (current needle tune). My GPS is pretty accurate about the speed too I believe. What else can I do to gain more HP and speed? Quickest and most cost effective way?

ChuenouXiao

cordy said:
You could reverse the a and b gear to get a little more top end.
What is the advantage and disadvantage of that? Do you have the chart diagram for the gear? Maybe I should check my manual about gear a and b?

Deluge

A head kit and a pipe would be the way to go. You have a pipe, so you're halfway there. There are a few helpful videos out there that cover engine rebuilds.

This is video 1, of a 9 part series. Very detailed and very helpful.

[ame]

[/ame]

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
A head kit and a pipe would be the way to go. You have a pipe, so you're halfway there. There are a few helpful videos out there that cover engine rebuilds.This is video 1, of a 9 part series. Very detailed and very helpful.

Wow... very nice.... that is a lot of work but worth it if done properly. I don't think I am comfortable doing it all by myself though :( Maybe buy a more powerful engine? :D

Deluge

chuefengxiong said:
60cc mounting requires mod? What kind of mod will be require? And about the engine you have above, will it fit my XB with no mod? How much faster will my XB be going with that engine?
Here's an example of what you would be spending to mount a 60cc. The kit is for a Baja, but the engine pretty much mounts the same way on a Rampage. Then you'd have to worry about whether or not the drivetrain can handle it.

Skopod Products

As far as the engine I linked, it has more than enough power for an XB and it'll fit just like the stock engine.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts