• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

2WD conversion?

Impulz24

hows it going, just got my xb and i love it but most of the guys i run with have 2WD. im wondering if i could just take out the front drive shaft or will that cause a problem?

BertR

I have done a tone of driving with my cat in 2wd and I would have to say 4 wd is the way to go with these cars.I spent more time trying to chase the ass of my xsc in 2WD. don't get me wrong it's a tone of fun but gets old about as fast as it spins cookies.

Impulz24

thanks will have to try once i get it back unfortunately after 20 min of breaking it in, it stopped moving center diff seems to be slipping , will c what the hobby shop says

andyken

Just watch the drive train as you roll it...

Pick the front or rear tires off the ground and hold one tire and turn the other.

You should see some thing slipping.

Also pull the gear plate cover off and watch the gears as you roll it.

G

Impulz24 said:
thanks will have to try once i get it back unfortunately after 20 min of breaking it in, it stopped moving center diff seems to be slipping , will c what the hobby shop says
Sounds like a loose or missing set screw.

G

Impulz24 said:
hows it going, just got my xb and i love it but most of the guys i run with have 2WD. im wondering if i could just take out the front drive shaft or will that cause a problem?
Won't cause a problem. It will be harder to control.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts