• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

29cc fuelie for $90....good deal??

countstevula

Contributor
I just picked up a 29cc fuelie from a baja 5t on ebay for $90 ($80 w/$10shipping). It has the 8000 rpm clutch, 17T pinion gear,clutch bell and mount, pull-start, fan cover, engine stop switch, spark-plug and coil,

engine cover, stock carburetor and muffler with tube. Supposedly only two tanks on it. Did I get a good deal? This will bolt right into a MT wont it?

Zapped

countstevula said:
I just picked up a 29cc fuelie from a baja 5t on ebay for $90 ($80 w/$10shipping). It has the 8000 rpm clutch, 17T pinion gear,clutch bell and mount, pull-start, fan cover, engine stop switch, spark-plug and coil,
engine cover, stock carburetor and muffler with tube. Supposedly only two tanks on it. Did I get a good deal? This will bolt right into a MT wont it?
That's a fantastic deal,you were in the right place at the right time.

chevy

just a word of advice if you go and buy parts and motors for your rampage before you even know if they fit, your setting yourself up for disappointment, im not sure what your posts is about?? Are you bragging about picking up a used 2 bolt or are you wanting somebody to reassure your purchase? What do you think? Is it worth it to you? I don't do ebay too many cheap-asses ordering and bidding on parts and the shipping costs more than what they paid for the part.

countstevula

Contributor
chevy - no big deal if it doesn't fit, I will just use it on something else I'm sure. I was just wondering if that was in line with what others were paying for those motors. Not sure if this motor is something to brag about...look at DDM motors, some of those are worth bragging about! lol I think if it fits up good then it was a good deal and if not, I will just get another project to use it on.

DemonRC

countstevula said:
chevy - no big deal if it doesn't fit, I will just use it on something else I'm sure. I was just wondering if that was in line with what others were paying for those motors. Not sure if this motor is something to brag about...look at DDM motors, some of those are worth bragging about! lol I think if it fits up good then it was a good deal and if not, I will just get another project to use it on.
Well dude you can brag about that motor cause you saved a huge chunk of change.

hamster huey

That sounds like a good deal. If I was you Id do some cheap preventative maintenance though seeing how its used:

gasket set

piston ring

piston circlips

maybe piston to conrod bearing

etc.

You never know how many times its been taken apart or how much use its seen. All it takes is a circlip to get loose or a piston ring to wear out and your head/piston could get damaged. The gasket set may save you an air leak. Plus you can inspect it in the process.

countstevula

Contributor
I think I may have to do that huey, I got the motor today and guess what....cracked pull start cover, the metal fan cover is cracked and falling off, the motor casting says King Motor so it's a clone of a fuelie and it's very dirty! Needless to say, if it's sounds too good to be true it probably is! I may get a few bucks out of him but at least I'll have some spare parts laying around if I ever need them.

chevy

Thats what I was saying ebay theirs no telling what your gettting on ebay a 99 dollar cy clone is a 90 dollar hunk of junk ebays a crap-shoot your better off picking up a new cy off ddm for like 175 the cy clones have bad cylinder plating not to mention bearings look at the cylinder on the clutch side it will say chung yang righr above the cylinder gasket? Thats what irritates me people selling items that are mis represented scammer trying to make a quick buck on honest guys like us trying to enjoy this hobby.

Last edited by a moderator:

countstevula

Contributor
The pictures of it on ebay were from before it was busted up. I think it was improperly packaged in the box he put it in. It does say King Motor above the clutch so I know it's a clone. Some of them were okay motors and some of the earlier ones weren't. I guess it gives me something to tinker on now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts