• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

29cc Billet Hdkit with 2mm stuffed crank

forist

Contributor
I'm ordering the 29cc Billet Head kit race ported SILVER with the 2mm stuffed crank same time as the TT in 2 days. Have any of u seen any probs with these kits. I was thinking that try may not last as long being Billet " softer " also ordering the steel gear set and 4200 ma receiver batt all at the same time. I have a hitec 645mg servo im takeing off my truckzilla savage to use for T/B servo. Any thoughts on this kit would help thanks.

DemonRC

They got a bad rep when they first came out. The plating back then was the old crap CY plating. Also, people complained about air leaks all the time. I think we've gotten past that with proper head bolt tightening sequences and torque. Just tighten the billet head bolts in a star pattern and don't overtighten them or they will warp the cylinder plate and cause an air leak.

I would like to say I've had good luck with the one that I've ran. I would still have it but it was sold with one of my Bajas. My buddy also has run them since they came out and hasn't had a problem with heat or airleaks either. According to Lunatik's dynos, they produce slightly more power than the standard heads. They also look better. Also, one last thing, the billet head piece doesn't need to get replaced since it doesn't receive any were. You won't have to worry about that. You just replace the bottom cylinder once the plating gets worn.

forist

Contributor
Ok thanks guys that helps a lot think i may hold off on it for now and maybe get the modded 30.5 instead . My buddy got a 5B clone KM buggy and is getting the 29cc billet head kit to put on it. Maybe ill wait to see how his works out. Could anyone recommend a good head kit or if i dident get one something else that would help with low end power, the tt im getting has the DDM Dom pipe on it thanks guys.

Last edited by a moderator:

max 1

Had Three Of Them Junck In The Trunk.go With The 28.8 Or The 30.5.don,t Thow Your Mony On That Kit Worps The Top Of The Cyl And Pinthes The Piston.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts