• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

23cc->29cc Carb settings change?

Obeast44

Banned
Hey guys, got my TT and decided to instantly up from a 23cc to 29cc headkit. Install was as easy as pie, compared to working on my 5b. I havent ran a drop fo fuel through it yet, so all the carb settings are bone stock. Should I try and run it there or richen up even more? I know the factory setting would be fine for the 23cc, but they seem like itd be leaner on a 29CC engine. Or is my thinking screwed up at this hour of the morning? don't wanna f.u.b.a.r. my engine right off the bat.

Also once Rob gets a body in stock(2 weeks), ill have the truggy conversion done, ill post pics up then. Done a few DIY mods you guys might like.

hamster huey

I use the same initial settings as a the stock 23 and 26 cy (H-1.5, L-1.25). Then lean a bit. I run 25:1 oil/gas on a 28.5. For a great jet tuning guide check out davesmotors.com , click on support, look for the subject "how should I adjust the jets..." about 2/3 the way down on the page.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts