• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

20 pounds and esc's

auto2

for some reason i just think 150 amps and 6s isnt gonna cut it. i'm thinking 2 esc's hooked up to one motor with a battery pack for each esc. is that possible?

fastlane

Team Driver
I think this set up will fry my self. I asked Ali what temps he was seeing but no response. Castle makes that new system but they want blood for it! LOL!

fastlane

Team Driver
Yeah they are. I can't wait for these to hit the market just hope I get one before they run out.

Zapped

auto2 said:
for some reason i just think 150 amps and 6s isnt gonna cut it. i'm thinking 2 esc's hooked up to one motor with a battery pack for each esc. is that possible?
If you parallel the two battery packs and use one ESC you would have the same voltage but it would give you more amperage to run(Better Punch)

fastlane

Team Driver
Zapped said:
If you parallel the two battery packs and use one ESC you would have the same voltage but it would give you more amperage to run(Better Punch)
this is true.

DemonRC

I think it'll work. First I've seen alot of 15 lb 1/8 scale MT's running 80A ESCs without a problem.

Oh here's a link to the ESC:

http://www.hobbywing.com/english/ArticleShow.asp?ArticleID=429

Here's some specs. NOTICE: it's rated at 150A continous and 1080A burst. That's gonna be hard to overload with only 6s pushing 20 lbs. 4s pushing 15 lbs 1/8 MT run off 80A ESC's without problems. 5s on 120A ESC's with same weights run trouble free. Anyways here the specs:

1.1 Output: Continuous current 150A, burst current 1080A.

1.2 Input: 6-18 cells NiMH/NiCd or 2-6 cells LiPo.

1.3 BEC Output: 5.75V/3A (Switch mode built-in BEC).

1.4 Resistance: 0.0002 Ohm.

1.5 Motor Supported: Sensorless and sensored brushless motors

1.6 Suitable Brushless Motor: 6T and > 6T

1.7 Suitable Car: 1/5 on-road or off-road cars / trucks for competitive race.

1.8 Size: 68mm(L) * 55mm(W) * 45mm(H).

1.9 Weight: 150g(Without wires)

Last edited by a moderator:

DemonRC

Obeast44 said:
I hope Redcat brings in the programming cards for the ESC as well. I hate counting led blinks or listening for buzzes.
Oh that's why you bought that badass REV-I huh?

DemonRC

slhawkins said:
Hey Demon ask obeast about getting shot in the melon by his own teammate.
LMFAO. That must be a good story to tell when sitting in a bar half plastered. I bet that golf ball of a welt didn't go down for a week.

Obeast44

Banned
No it didn't go down for a while. What was really bad was it was from my old Angel that I had sold the guy. He wasn't used to the super light trigger.....but yes itd be a great story one day when we all meet up.

I do miss the Rev-I, it was frikkin sweet! You are right about the not counting beeps and leds. Ugghh thats terrible.

I also have plenty of paintball scars thats for sure, one on my calf, a few on my arms and hands. I guess thats what I get for playing in shorts :D

Beside the nut shot I took the next worst hit I ever took was on my trigger hand right in the knuckles between my ring-pinky finger from about 15ft. Man that thing swelled up so fast it wasnt funny. I wore gloves from then on.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.