• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

2 stroke oil brand

Does it matter what type of 2 stroke oil I use. Ive noticed and seen on here to use synthetick but does the brand really matter. Im gonna use the same brand I start with but didnt know if I should use a certain brand for my truck. Its a mt version three with the 30cc motor.

I just got it today havnt even started it yet.

Just makin sure don't wana make the motor die any quicker than normal. Oh and the break in is there a certain sequence like the smaller trucks have with the nitro motors. THANKS

xscrick

Banned
i run klotz super techniplate which is a synthetic,,,, love the smell, great oil,,, typically run what dirtbike guys run,, motul, klotz, silkolene, maxima and lots more,, check with maybe what local guys are running,, or check with a local powersports store, see what they carry,,,, as far as breaking it in,,,, i idled through a cpl tanks,,, than be gentle,,, vary throttle,,, make sure u have carb set rich,, so u know engine is getting plenty of lube,,,, before u start leaning it out,,, giz motors i think ,, says break it in like how u were gonna drive it ,, so everyone has ways they like to do it,,,,,,

papaw

A lot of people use total synthetic others use 2 stroke. There has been some talk as to, if the 100% synthetic is the best for these engines. The main thing is use 25:1 mix for sure on break in. see this post

Mt verses mt pro

rcgasser

The most important about break in is heat cycle and varying the rpms

New engine break-in procedure

1. Take it easy on the engine for the first two tanks

2. Heat cycle twice, run the engine for 20 minutes and let it fully cool down

3. We recommend 91 octane fuel, mixed at 25:1 Our preffered oil is Castor 927

4. Let your engine warm up before driving

5. Try to vary the rpms during breaking.

5. DO NOT HOLD FULL THROTTLE UNTIL THE ENGINE IS COMPLETELY BROKEN IN!!!

7. Do not use octane booster

G

Just remember this info is related to the Redcat motor. If you purchase a high hp motor from one of the engine builders they will have their own recommendations. A lot of guys will recommend what they have been told but may not be still running the stock engine.

G

I do like the smell and lack of smoke with the Koltz.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts