• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

17mm hex on mt?

tsudo5th

Anyone know if an 8th scale 17mm hex would fit on the MT? I want to try some different wheel and tire set ups.

G

The MT is too heavy for the 8th scale wheels. They would be very short lived. Step up to the 24mm hex and that opens the door for many wheel / tire options.

tsudo5th

I want to try a prerunner set up kinda like what you did but my whacky ideas. I am bored with all the hpi wheels. I want something smaller that can tuck under woodster body and spin up quick to come out of corners good.

19cobra93

They don't fit. I tried some 17mm hexes off my Ofna Blazer. The axle is much larger. They could possibly be machined/drilled out to work, but they wouldn't be very strong, and even large 1/8 wheels are small on this truck.

tsudo5th

Ok. Thank you. Then anyone know where to find the size specs for the fg stadium wheels and tires? Are they smaller than the stock MT set up?

G

Not sure of the specs, but almost everything is smaller then the MT wheels/tires.

There is a adapter to run the square drive wheels. The adapters are like 80 a kit and you would need 2 kits. Ouch!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts