• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

1/5th newb with a few questions...

1/5th newb with a few questions...

• Rampage TT

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dune Runner 4x4

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

xjedix

Obeast44 said:
The Rampages driveline is straight as an arrow, and lined up with the F/R diffs. I havent heard any issues with them causing problems but I also don't read alot of the Dunerunner posts. Im pretty sure they are angled like that because they offset the motor to help bring the gearplate closer to the centerline.
rob64n said:
Ok first answer tt has straight driveline 4x4 dunerunner has 3 driveshafts that are in crazy angles so i think there would be an issue there. second if you keep wondering what to buy any longer the new xt will be out and it would be a no brainer to buy one of those if your stressing the weight issue. third issue concering engine clutch spring take your wife or moms car out hold it to the floor now drop it in gear, now you have a race car, but car didn't like that very much did it?
Good info guys, that may just be my deciding factor in my purchase. I much prefer the inline drive train of the TT setup. As for the clutch, it's really not a concern right now. Off the line punch is not critical with the type of racing we do. If it's needed down the road then I'll swap it out.

D.

rob64n

Contributor
not sure if your talking to obeast or i if it is me i have the stock 30.5 in the xt that has the stock spring and i feel there is no need to change at this moment, ok your turn obeast i think,lol.

rob64n

Contributor
you are not asking for too much knowledge,so don't take that in the wrong way, and thanks obeast for help on that one, which interns helps me explain a lil more, with my rampage that i race, i run the 813 carb, if i run the stock spring i will load up on fuel in the corners, therefore i run the 7,000 spring it gives me a lil wiggle room to keep my engine from loading up, and just like obeast said if i was to run the 8,000 i would have the wiggle room but when i would get back on the throttle it would cause me to push the front wheels straight through the corners and last time i checked object of racing was to stay on the track, which is still hard to do sometimes,lol... obeast can back me on that one,lol.

krashkrieg

Contributor
Thanks Rob, that was also very helpful....

I do not really race with mine, but understand a lot more the pro's and cons of using a higher RPM spring

Martin

At the cost of a spring and the easy to change, you can try a 8000 spring if you want, maybe you'll love it, maybe not... but if you have a buggy engine, it will only bug at higher rpm, burn the clutch shoes faster and not going to take off faster.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts