• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

1/4 scale servo discussion

cable97526

I'm wanting to start a thread on 1/4 steering servos to see if anyone has "broken the mold" so to speak. I along with numerous people here run a 5745mg with great results, but being the bored human I am at 1 in the morning I did a search for quarter scale servos and found some that have some great numbers and even better prices! Just wanting to know if anyone has used something different and how they like it. Here are some links I found.

http://superdroidrobots.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=670

http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/759513.asp $40 bucks!!!

For all you digital high res guys

http://www.gshobby.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=4650

cable97526

Kaz the Minotaur said:
I just switched from the 805BB. It worked fine but it wasn't all that and a bag of ships.
So what did you replace it with? and what kind of improvements did you see? what have you lost? I'm trying to get some kind of information more for people that first buy these and then find out all the servos need replacement. I'd like to figure out what a great "beginner" combo would be that is say under $200 for radio and servos.

pwaicon

cable97526

Exactly the info I was looking for thanks to both of you. I just hate seeing people having to spend upwards of $300.00!!! just to get a ramp running.

pipeous

I have a servo in my FG that works great and super cheap. digital 1/4 scale and get 2 for $25. I am buying 4 more from the same seller for another project. been in there for a year without a problem. ya it's a Tower Pro, but it is much more reliable than the smaller scale TP's

I can vouch for the 5745mg being one of my best servos with only one failure on a 4 year old servo that was replaced by Hitec for failure. :)

1 Thing about many cheaper servos is that many will have plastic gears.

2 Another item is that they may have great readings but not a greater digital holding rating.

3 Another issue may be cheaper motors. They work for awhile then the brushes get worn and the motor burns out, short out or weakens.

4 Warranty is another item to think about.

The best US supplier for the 5745 that I have found is Tom's R/C = CLICK HERE or HERE.

Last edited by a moderator:

mooman007uk

Banned
great hobbies in Canada has the cheapest 5745's and they only charge actual shipping not stupid ebay mark up shipping where seller has cheap buy it now but inflates postage to cover it and avoid higher ebay fees (i thought ebay was supposed to clamp down on the ridiculous shipping costs)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I doomed myself on this? My son, daughter and I went out for a short run with the models and ended up having some issues. One the pull start rope broke on one model. The dang speky on the other was being annoying in the area we were running. And my son broke out the plastic teeth on the Futaba 1/4 scale servo on the other. Lol, well I guess thats all part of the models coming out of storage. :rolleyes:

Piranha2

Contributor
So.........what are you doing on the computer?.......you got plenty of work to do..... :D ......get going!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts