• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

07117 Steering part... KIA

bobvic1217

How come nobody online anywhere has this part number in stock? I'm dead in the water until I can get this part. Really all I need is the bushing out of the part, but I don't know the specs of it to just search for a bushing. If anyone has any laying around, could you please eyeball in mm, the height, width, and length for me? Only if you have one laying around, too much hassel to take it out. Thank you all, hopefully most of you know what I'm talking about.

http://www.redcatracing.com/RC-Cars?search=07117+-+Steering+Mount%28L%2FR%29

bobvic1217

thank you

my home depot and lowes and TSC don' even remotely have the small bushings im inquireing about.....

bobvic1217

specs...

yes, if only I had the specs... everything is foreign, (metric)... why cant the whole world get on standardized measurement?

DemonRC

Mine fell out a long time ago and I just replaced them with parts from Ace Hardware. Ace carriers flanged nylon spacers which fit perfect. All you have to do is trim em to length.

To replace the inner threaded bushings you can use metal tee nuts made to be pressed into plywood. Ace also carries these. They have a 5mm tee nut which its perfect. You do however have to trim the spikes off to grab the wood and then dremel the flange down some. Just leave about 1.5mm of the flange. It's not that much work. I think I spent about 10 minutes on each one.

Last edited by a moderator:

bobvic1217

hey Rob

Any word on them steering spacers/bushings yet? I've exhausted the plumbing section at Home depot...

bobvic1217

Thank you

I'll keep my fingers crossed. I looked at Redcat parts search and tried to find something similar, but I cant tell from the pictures just how big or small the spacers actually are. Keep me posted? :) Just got my hpi adapters and new tires, and waiting on 7075 steering to come in next...

DemonRC

Hell the black nylon flanged busings from Ace Hardware fit perfectly with zero slop. You just have to sand/file them to length.

bbuzzard

Contributor
DemonRC said:
Hell the black nylon flanged busings from Ace Hardware fit perfectly with zero slop. You just have to sand/file them to length.
Is there a part number for these?

drgnslaayer

bobvic1217 said:
How come nobody online anywhere has this part number in stock? I'm dead in the water until I can get this part. Really all I need is the bushing out of the part, but I don't know the specs of it to just search for a bushing. If anyone has any laying around, could you please eyeball in mm, the height, width, and length for me? Only if you have one laying around, too much hassel to take it out. Thank you all, hopefully most of you know what I'm talking about.http://www.redcatracing.com/RC-Cars?search=07117+-+Steering+Mount%28L%2FR%29
Ok I know this is an old one.. but My Buddy Has the RC XT... he ran into this problem... the spacer\Bearing\Collette (whatever you want to call it) falling out...

Hardware Store... 6 for $2.00

He Cleaned them out ! ! ! !

No sanding required... direct fit

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts