• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Venom 5000mah

Rampage mt

Ok I order the venom 5000 mah 6v 5 cell hump pack,I want to make sure when it comes I do this properly and this crap confuses me hopefully someone can help.i use a thunder balance charger the specs on the venom say charging rate of 1c (4.2amps) does this mean I should charge it set at 4.2amps? Lol I can also set the max capacity should that be set at 5000 to prevent overcharging? Is there a certain timeframe it should be set at? And what about cycling?

Sorry guys I'm full of questions tonight any help or advice would e highly appreciated

Dreggsta

i'm using these batteries. i'm also using a voltwatch2 to give me a meter for battery life. so far i have 4 tanks & my batteries are still in the green. i'm using a tenergy universal charger. it charges at either either .9a or 1.8a. i'm charging at 1.8 i think. i'll have to check when i get home. seems like your set up is alot more complicated than mine. mine's a smart chager. i just plug it in & it does the rest.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Tenergy-Smart-Universal-Charger-Battery/dp/B003C1HH32[/ame]

Rampage mt

Yea my charger has more options then ud ever need!akes things confusing.but if I knew what the charge rate should be I can easily set how many amps and it will do the rest,basically the capacity setting and all that for me is just safety things like I can make it so it don't go past 5000mah or whatever

Greggfromohio

You can safely charge the pack at 1C which would be 5amps. I use a dynamite peak charger. When nimh battery's are full the volts actually start to drop a little. My charger senses this drop and stops charging.

Rampage mt

I actually emailed the guys at venom (not that I don't trust u guys just actual led emailed them prior to posting here) and in fact they say its safe to charge at 5amps he said the formula is your capacity 2500mah 3000 5000mah etc etc divided by 1000 so this means a 5000mah divided by 1000 is 5amps 2500 would be 2.5amps max charge rate etc.so greggfromihio you are right! Lol anyway hope this helps someone else put too!oh also if u can find the manufacturer specs on the battery it usually says the charge rates aswell.

rcgasser

Yes that is the max setting for charging but its not good to always charge at the max setting the higher charge setting produce more heat more heat is not really good for the battery all the time and cause the battery to wear out quicker. If you use the max charge sometime for just a quick charge then ok but if you charge it more at 2.5 you will get more life out of the battery.

Dreggsta

^ i agree w/the above. it's like that for automotive & atv batteries.

when i charged my venom's w/my tenergy it got warm & not the batteries.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rampage mt

Ok thanks for the tip,that's probally where ill do mine is right around 2.5 or 3 amps hoping this battery get here soon! My dom and tgn will be here any day and I'm not wanting to not try it because of no battery lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts