• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

ordered new rampage mt v3 tonight

have been watching some videos on it, and it seems like the first thing i'll want to get is a pipe for it and a better carb (990 or 1107). it seems like parts are hard to find, in that search results show parts for other trucks instead sometimes, so its hard to know what is compatible with the rampage mt. i just don't want it to be a dog off the line and have decent top end. i have dialed in several of my chainsaws to run good, so i would guess its the same principle with this small engine (low speed, high speed and idle). can anyone recommend some different pipe options for the rampage mt?

realtee30

This is a good starter pack. Enjoy

got done with the second half tank and was looking it over and saw that there was a bunch of grass behind the flywheel! i wanted to clear it out, so i tried taking just once cover off the engine. that wasnt happening, so i decided to take the engine out to tear it down and do it properly. i put some screen on the openings to the flywheel with some goop so that it wont happen again. in the process, i was able to look at the wear pattern on the center ring and pinion and it is horrible! wearing on the outside of the ring gear and only there, one mark on the pinion, not spread out like it should be. so, i decided while im in there, lets fix that, so i took the whole transmission out to pull the pinion so i could shim it closer. its going to be a week before the shims show up though. there was also a recess at the gear side of the pinion where the shims would need to go that is smaller than the 10mm shaft. that would allow the shims to not line up correctly and move around. i used some epoxy on the recess and will machine it smooth on my lathe. and these are just the things i have found on day two of owning it.

1701032453068.jpeg 1701032470286.jpeg

Ink

Hey congrats on rampage stock is head ache fix one goes another thing but for 200 dollars buy g290 zenoah and save yourself a headache just replaced mine and it runs great now and also buy a new receiver transmitter original gave me problems replaced it and all good hope helps.

Hey congrats on rampage stock is head ache fix one goes another thing but for 200 dollars buy g290 zenoah and save yourself a headache just replaced mine and it runs great now and also buy a new receiver transmitter original gave me problems replaced it and all good hope helps.
i don't have any running issues with it, just grass getting sucked into the housings and the center diff not being right. the engine runs great so far, but its still in break in and i have not tuned it yet. im sure it'll be a ripper when im done.

Ink

i don't have any running issues with it, just grass getting sucked into the housings and the center diff not being right. the engine runs great so far, but its still in break in and i have not tuned it yet. im sure it'll be a ripper when im done.
Yeah it does suck up grass and leaves I use air compressor to clear out running at home just stop by air compressor clear off and back running around have fun

Yeah it does suck up grass and leaves I use air compressor to clear out running at home just stop by air compressor clear off and back running around have fun
i tried using an air compressor, but there was so much stuck in there it wouldnt all come out. but with the mesh on there, it shouldnt ever enter the housings again.
oh, here is a size comparison of the rampage mt compared to my new scx6 honcho and suprer rock rey i just got this black friday! there is also a trx 4 in the bottom pic. the rampage is HUGE!!!
1701308746732.jpeg 1701308775597.jpeg

got a room all cleaned out specifically for working on rc's. has a 3d printer on the left there, and i just made the workbench on the right today. it didnt have any light in the room, so i added a 48" work light on the ceiling, along with 6 recessed lights throughout the room. the bench on the right is 24" x 90", the one on the left is 24" x 60" and it height adjustable. the floor is HORRIBLY out of level though, so the chair is going to get some feet instead of the rollers so it doesn't roll back into the other bench while im trying to work on something. still have to make more shelves in this room as well, but its FAR from what it was before!

i just finished shimming up the center diff and im working on getting the rest of the rampage back together. still need to swap the clutch spring and install the remote kill switch. will be using the tuned pipe when i reassemble it as well.

im currently making a 1/5 scale rc snowmobile on the 3d printer called the skeeride 2. the 3d printer is the ender creality 3 max neo.

1702605901838.jpeg

got the new pipe test fit and it sounds amazing! super snappy now just testing it on the bench with the new clutch spring and pipe! had to flip the tank around so the fill is on the right side to fit the pipe. just have to button it up and then give her a good rip this weekend. i cant wait!

1702615544508.jpeg

1702615558509.jpeg

1702615569879.jpeg

realtee30

Make sure you install the exhaust mounts that came with the pipe. If you don't, that pipe will break off at the engine exhaust mount once you start running it on the ground.

realtee30

Exhaust mounts...

Attachments

• 20200924_144508.jpg
    20200924_144508.jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 20200924_145355.jpg
    20200924_145355.jpg
    293.5 KB · Views: 8
Make sure you install the exhaust mounts that came with the pipe. If you don't, that pipe will break off at the engine exhaust mount once you start running it on the ground.
i installed them. those pictures were just of when i was test fitting it, i never drove it around like that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.