• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

difference between zen and cy clutch

auto2

picks of or describe the difference between the zenoah and cy clutch and housing please.

i got a zenoah for my dunerunner and it bolted right up. just had to drill out the bolt holes under the pull start a touch. im not sure if it already had a CY clutch on it or? but it runs perfect.

chevy

the CY and HY motor bolts up to the rampage with no drilling/notching of the holes,the zenoah komatsu is alittle bit diffrent and don't line up, you have to notch the bolt holes in the chassis

auto2

so what is this 7mm spacer i read about?

i have a zen motor in my rampage and except for notching the chassis bolt holes it is working fine. but i read u have to change the clutch housing to the cy one?

chevy

Not sure about the 7mm spacer but i have heard you can change the clutch housing to a cy and no notching of the chassis.

auto2

Ok I see now.on a Baja there is a bolt from clutch housing to the chassis. That is where u need a spacer or mod. On the rampage there is no bolt there so all is good.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts