• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Zenoah G270?

Johnnyrum

Hi,

I have a Rampage MTand I have driven it a couple of times. I bought it from Large Scale RC. My Zenoah G270 motor does not have the molded Zenoah name on the flywheel cover or a Zenoah sticker by the pull cord like it shows on pictures I have seen on the internet. I can see a casted Zenoah name on the crank case. I am worried now that I was sold a knock off Zenoah motor.

I cannot figure why my motor is missing these things.

Can anybody explain this to me?

Thanks,

Johnnyrum

Sprint 77

Contributor
Maybe they buy them in bulk. I know Scott and Troy from large scale personaly and they are good guys. I don't think you got ripped as far as the flywheel I just pulled the starter on my 270 and did not see a Zenoah casted in the flywheel either, but did on the head. Plus as I know of there is no knock offs of the four bolt yet so if it is a four bolt it is a zenoah.

Hope this helps and have fun with it.

str8jailbird

I bought a G270RC for my Baja 5B SS and it didn't have the stickers either. Not a big deal since I got the chrome kit besides with a pull start cover the sticker is covered anyway. I agree with Sprint, Zen makes the only 4 bolt that I know of and I highly doubt that Large Scale would sell you a knock off and claim it to be a Zen. I do suggest that you pull the third bearing and replace it with an oil seal as they (the sealed bearing on the clutch housing side) are prone to air leaks. I changed mine just to be safe and aside from getting it out of the buggy it is about a 30-35 minute job. Yes, it is a complete engine tear down but heck I enjoy tinkering with them anyway. The seals (they come in sets) are around $6-7 and the gasket set is around $11. You will need a flywheel puller if you don't have one to do this though. I love mine, much different power delivery than the CY 26 I was running. Both had a rear dom and the Zen hits REALLY hard in the midrange while the CY was all low end. I love that 270:D.

Clubin

Banned
biggiecamp said:
The 270 is a great motor. Other than the Zenoah motor, Trevor Simpson and Darksoul have 4-bolt engine cases available aftermarket. You won't mistake either of those for a Zenoah case. Your motor is a Zenoah.
FS has some kind of crappy 4 bolt too. But I don't know if parts are interchangable.

looker2756

Contributor
Johnnyrum said:
Hi,
I have a Rampage MTand I have driven it a couple of times. I bought it from Large Scale RC. My Zenoah G270 motor does not have the molded Zenoah name on the flywheel cover or a Zenoah sticker by the pull cord like it shows on pictures I have seen on the internet. I can see a casted Zenoah name on the crank case. I am worried now that I was sold a knock off Zenoah motor.

I cannot figure why my motor is missing these things.

Can anybody explain this to me?

Thanks,

Johnnyrum
Hey Johnny,

As part of the Largescalerc staff, I find it pretty bad that of the 2 post you have here they are questioning our integrity & ways of doing business. You can ask on any forum you want & I know we have thousands of happy customers all over the world. The thing is you might start by asking what others have experienced, rather than accusing, or questioning our service or merchandise. Sorry that you feel you needed to do this, but you bought one of the cheapest 1/5 scales on the market, with a very good engine in it. I run the same one myself in my Rampage.

Thank you, Bob

largescalerc.com

Piranha2

Contributor
looker2756 said:
Hey Johnny,
As part of the Largescalerc staff, I find it pretty bad that of the 2 post you have here they are questioning our integrity & ways of doing business. You can ask on any forum you want & I know we have thousands of happy customers all over the world. The thing is you might start by asking what others have experienced, rather than accusing, or questioning our service or merchandise. Sorry that you feel you needed to do this, but you bought one of the cheapest 1/5 scales on the market, with a very good engine in it. I run the same one myself in my Rampage.

Thank you, Bob

largescalerc.com
I would say "least expensive" :) and I have never had a single issue with Largescalerc.com Every order has been complete, accurate and delivered in a timely manner. Thanks guys!

dboozer

For sure! I know the entire staff of largescalerc, And they are all great guys. They always go above and beyond what most places will. Thats why they have my buisness and many others. They are not in the buisness of trying to rip off people. And im sure a friendly phone call could have easily straightened things out.

speedyd

Banned
i too call every person that works at largescalerc a personal friend these guys are the best in the business! their sales people are honest,their shop guyis knowledgeable in all brands of 1/5 scale cars. they only sell parts that they would run on their own vehicles. they also put in tons of time testing and trying to make YOUR EXPIERENCE with 1/5 scale more pleasurable.don't be so judgemental about things you may not have a full understanding of, you may end up burning bridges before you ever get to cross them! i do wish you luck in this great hobby. just take the time to educate yourself. you are no longer playing with traxxas toys but serious machinery. best of luck to you!

looker2756

Contributor
Piranha2 said:
I would say "least expensive" :) and I have never had a single issue with Largescalerc.com Every order has been complete, accurate and delivered in a timely manner. Thanks guys!
Your right, because I did in no way mean that it was not good. My Rampage is an amazing handling vehicle & runs very well.

Thanks Guys !! We appreciate the support very much. All of us at Largescalerc give 100% & then some in giving good quality service & providing many full lines of parts. Not to mention our dedication to the 1/5 scale racing community. We all have multiple 1/5 scales, & are customers ourselves. Our job is providing better access to large scale vehicles, parts, & accessories to everyone / everywhere.

speedyd

Banned
looker2756 said:
Your right, because I did in no way mean that it was not good. My Rampage is an amazing handling vehicle & runs very well.
Thanks Guys !! We appreciate the support very much. All of us at Largescalerc give 100% & then some in giving good quality service & providing many full lines of parts. Not to mention our dedication to the 1/5 scale racing community. We all have multiple 1/5 scales, & are customers ourselves. Our job is providing better access to large scale vehicles, parts, & accessories to everyone / everywhere.
and we thank you!!!

str8jailbird

Um, not to jump on the band wagon but I have ordered quite a few times for Large scale. I have NEVER had to call for a screwed up order nor a poor product. Everything was always as listed, shipped very quickly and I have to say that is good service. Again, if you are worried that your Zen isn't a Zen just because it lacks a sticker, I have extras I can send you. For that matter if you want to make it faster I have tiny race car sponsor stickers as well. Not sure they will actually make it faster but you never know :D !

dboozer

lmao! Need to get me some of those stickers.

C.B.

large scale does provide good service

i don't think that guy was truely bashing them he was just asking a question due to ignorance nobody wants to get ripped thats the bottom line

remember we all were new to this before also

we all used largescale rc for a first time too im sure he didnt mean to sound like he was putting largescale rc down now he knows

the providers i use and trust are

largescale rc

rampagehopups

python and

redcat

all trust worthy shipping is always on time and product is exactaly as described

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.