• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

zen 4-bolt g270

Sprint 77

Contributor
Very good choice, It is better to use the clutch housing off your CY engine or you will have to drill two more holes in frame.

Very reliable engine and they usually come with 813 carb so start procedure change a little that carb has a accelerator pupm and no choke.

RcLovin

I have the same engine to

Ive had the engine for 4 tanks would be more but, I railed a tree and waiting for new upper arm. That engine performs pretty decently the last post said the carb has a accelerator pump should I drive it differently then other engines.

timsted

i have an ONB raceport g270 in my tt, it's plenty for the track, and for the most part stays ahead of yolonda's 27.2

badd_maxx25

does enyone have eny dyno numbers of the engine with a sprint modded dominater pipe. i would like to know how it compares to my cy 27

Sprint 77

Contributor
Dyno is bull < what type of track or area you have to run, What gear you going to run, That is the questions you ask when choosing a pipe and engine combo.

Most cars never see the full out rpm very long that a dyno does. You are usually on and off the throttle.

Sprint 77

Contributor
You should be fine with that set up . You just may experiment with switching the 29 / 31 gears from 31 / 29 ; 29 / 31 to allow max RPM on the times you take it to the place with Long straights.

Another thing to look at is port work on that motor and exhaust port timing.

Raising the timing to about 175 - 178 degrees will increase the RPM , That has been proven out on a dyno.

Obeast44

Banned
I thought we were talking about a stock Zenoah 4 bolt vs an esp 29cc? Thats what my comment was referring too. I agree OBR motors are more powerful than ESP's. Gonna start building my OBR 30.5 in the next few weeks for LargescaleRCs event this coming June. That or I might try a marine 27.2, granted it wont be as powerful as the 30.5, it will be ALOT cheaper to rebuild. Cant really decide hehe

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.