• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Yet another DuneRunner :)

Ice_2k

Dropped the shell on top of the car for a quick fitting test (didn't even remove the rear wing, hence the very tall look)

Ice_2k

The first run with the silencer. It seems like the extra back-pressure from the silencer made the mix richer, I'll have to lean it a bit

designed2survive

Wow! That silencer brings the decibels down a lot. More than the VRC silenced at least.

Out of curiosity, you seem to have a bashing pot where noise is not an issue, so why the silencer?

Was that run with the slicks or the Tarmac busters?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ice_2k

This was actually the 6th time running at that location and this was the 1st one when I didn't get kicked out :) Besides that, the silencer was cheap enough to just try it for the fun of it but I like it so far. Performance seems not to have suffered at all, still need to tune it a bit though as I said, it got really rich after adding the silencer (it even bogs down if going full throttle from idle).

I'm still using the Tarmac Busters, they're still holding on, this kind of very smooth tarmac doesn't seem to affect them that much. When running on more uneven tarmac (like you would find on the street), that's when they suffer like crazy.

designed2survive

Thanks Ice! I need to make a decision on the tire to get for pavement. My spot has the street pavement kind (a little rough). How long would you say the Tarmac busters are lasting so far? Can't decide slicks or Tarmac busters! Grrrrrrr!!!!!!! I had the all terrain and they did not last more than 3 tanks doing donuts.

Ice_2k

I did a lot of running on this kind of very smooth asphalt and also on very dirty pavement (lots of dust and small stones) like the one here:

[ame]

[/ame]On these kinds of surfaces, they seem to be lasting ok, you should probably be able to get 20 tanks from them.

However! I ran them once on a fairly rough, clean asphalt and it was horrible for the tires. It did have tons of grip indeed but 30 minutes worth of running shaved at least 1mm from the tire surface, 3 tanks like that and they would be gone.

phreerider

asphalt will harvest the tires ! nice vid rippin slomo !

designed2survive

That's the problem! Rough asphalt is brutal. Decision decision Tarmac or slick re-GRRRRRRRR!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ice_2k

I can't recommend one over the other because I haven't bolted the slicks to the car yet, I'm waiting for the tarmac busters to give their last breath. I do have higher hopes for the slicks but can't confirm just yet :)

SYNPRODUCTIONZ

How did you get the silencer to stay on? Mine keeps popping off after a few laps. Tried locktite silcone adhesive and red loctite on my fastener that secures the hose but no luck.

Phill

How did you get the silencer to stay on? Mine keeps popping off after a few laps. Tried locktite silcone adhesive and red loctite on my fastener that secures the hose but no luck.

Mine is held on by zip ties with no probs.
Have you got it bolted on at the wing support?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.