• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Yet another DuneRunner :)

designed2survive

Baja shock mounted on my rig 215mm

Rovan part I bought (10 mm thick shaft) Update: correction 8mm

Last edited by a moderator:

phreerider

oh yeah, best deal out there! those are 10mm or 8mm ? only kits i have seen are 8mm.

i have went through a bunch of bent shock ends , surprisingly they hang on for a while i would run them bent for months, but the rovan rebuild on the HPI stuff is good solution.

hpi(or clones) will work but the stock have 6mm shafts just like Redcat. they are a fraction taller than MT

with alloy shock ends, esp. on tower, a different standoff mount has to be considered. the lower mount has slightly shorter heads not sure on DR what lower mount config exactly looks like.

heres a look at XB, MT, and HPI. hpi are on the unit, with MT lowers arms... so it may give some insight in the jump over. aslo some pics of stand of on

project thread.

hpi definitely right direction esp. with bigger shaft kits

Ice_2k

The DR shocks have 195mm off the car, I'll also measure them on car. Do the shocks posted by designed2survive mount on the lower arm of the DR? I don't see the end, the part that got bent on mine.

designed2survive

Ice_2k said:
The DR shocks have 195mm off the car, I'll also measure them on car. Do the shocks posted by designed2survive mount on the lower arm of the DR? I don't see the end, the part that got bent on mine.
Don't know what you're referring to but may be this can help. 220mm fully extended (off the car). Upper bolt center to lower bolt center 215mm.

Ice_2k

Yeah, the DR shocks are about 25mm shorter... too much difference? :( And it sucks that these also have the lower part made of plastic, which is the part that failed on me...

designed2survive

Ice_2k said:
Yeah, the DR shocks are about 25mm shorter... too much difference? :( And it sucks that these also have the lower part made of plastic, which is the part that failed on me...
25mm longer shocks are not a problem.

Yes the stock HPI shock comes with the plastic shock end with 6mm shaft diameter. They can last long. When they fail most people get the aluminum replacement parts as an upgrade.

You will need to buy a pair of HPI or clone shocks. Run it like that and if the shock end fails, replace with the aluminum shaft rebuild kit.

- stock clone shock rear Rovan $40 / KM $50

- aluminum shaft rebuild kit 6mm $18 / 8mm $30

Ice_2k

Got the car started today to hear the silencer, it's definetely quieter, I can clearly hear the engine now and also small metal parts vibrating. Before adding it, you could only hear the exhaust, nothing else.

[ame]

[/ame]

designed2survive

It make a big difference doesn't it? When I tried the silenced VRC that was my same reaction. I could hear every little thing now. Lol!

phreerider

sounds good ice, sucks when you bumped on noise issues...man those 8mm are beefy! next order definitely getting those plus a round of fat slicks

Ice_2k

designed2survive said:
It make a big difference doesn't it? When I tried the silenced VRC that was my same reaction. I could hear every little thing now. Lol!
Yeah, very big difference. Unfortunately it's not something you can really hear in a video unless you have two cars next to each other, with & without silencer.

designed2survive said:
On a different note I haven't tried the shocks yet but they do look beefy and cool.In case you wanna go this route

Those definetely look beefy as hell, I'm gonna go this route if my new shocks get bent as well.

designed2survive

phreerider said:
...man those 8mm are beefy!
The remaining weak point are those plastic spring retainers at the bottom end. Will run them like that and if they fail next order will be the aluminum ones.

Ice_2k

designed2survive said:
On a different note I haven't tried the shocks yet but they do look beefy and cool.In case you wanna go this route

Can you post a link for these shocks?

Ice_2k

Trying an experiment :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online