• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Yet another DuneRunner :)

designed2survive

Great info indeed! I used WD40 for the first time yesterday after clean up. I literally watch it with it lol! Will report on how it worked.

phreerider

WD 40 has it place as effective displacer/cleaner in wet/marine conditions and $ friendly. it kinda wash it self off with greasy weak film, messy and stays that way...T9 has "coated" effect with good adherence , you can rinse it and it will remain. thats beats cheap runny stuff!

a bit tacky, not sure what the bone dry powder dust in western desert will do?? in my experience in dry lake stuff you cannot escape it ...and it will come back with you!

i would think that would be a no spray situation, dry and keep it dry! silicone spray prolly be best super dry finish super low residue. having good cycle habits keeps unit ready to rock! not rusted and locked

Phill

I like WD40 for cleaning as it not only protects and cleans but makes everything look like new when rubbed with a rag.

I have a sand problem but it blows off easily.

Ice_2k

Got the new silencer installed, great fit!

Ice_2k

I also installed new rear springs & shocks and did a test install with the new offroad tires, I really like how they look, it's a pity I have nowhere to get two more for the front.

phreerider

pipe finishes out real nice, the back pressure may give a little punch! tires look like they'll do the job! are the hard compound or are they soft. shock sock is nice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ice_2k

I know close to nothing about these tires. I just found them while browsing online being sold second hand for a very reasonable price (~35$ for 2 complete wheels) and jumped on them. I tried to find info about'em online but there was none, even rc4wd.com told me they're not selling anything like this. I know for sure these particular tires are at least 4 years old so it's probably a discontinued tire. The tire itself seems to be on the soft side and the foams inside are really-really soft, way softer than the foams in my slicks. You can see it in the first picture with them that the tire is a little low under the car's weight, this should probably give it better traction in offroad situations.

Phill

Silencer looks good and you'll notice a difference in performance.

It sits a lot higher than mine but that's prolly because your pipe is taller.

All you need now is a belt drive.

Ice_2k

I'm gonna try to find some time to test it next week or at least hear how it sounds.

Regarding the belt drive, to be honest I'm not entirely sold on it yet. Seems to me like its biggest advantage is reliability, which is just fine on the stock gears. I don't imagine the reduced friction and weight make too big a difference.

Phill

Ice_2k said:
I'm gonna try to find some time to test it next week or at least hear how it sounds. Regarding the belt drive, to be honest I'm not entirely sold on it yet. Seems to me like its biggest advantage is reliability, which is just fine on the stock gears. I don't imagine the reduced friction and weight make too big a difference.
You'd be surprised how much smoother and faster it is.

I just bought a Phantom P3 and when I get a chance will make a video.

Ice_2k

Yet another DuneRunner :)

Please do! Also, to be honest, I'm still hoping for DemonRC to come back so I can get a 2-speed :) )

Btw, I noticed on ebay there's a cheaper "v5" version and a more expensive v8 version. Any idea what other differences there are except for the fact the v8 comes with multiple gears for different ratios?

Also, can this be user with the stock gear plate? If not, is the gear plate it comes with plastic or metal?

Phill

Ice_2k said:
Please do! Also, to be honest, I'm still hoping for DemonRC to come back so I can get a 2-speed :) )Btw, I noticed on ebay there's a cheaper "v5" version and a more expensive v8 version. Any idea what other differences there are except for the fact the v8 comes with multiple gears for different ratios?

Also, can this be user with the stock gear plate? If not, is the gear plate it comes with plastic or metal?
V5 is 1:1 V8 has a selection of ratios otherwise no difference.

You'll probably want to play with ratios but I find the 1:1 is fine.

Works with standard square drive plate

Ice_2k

Got it, thanks. Any idea how I can avoid this problem in the future? Those plastic parts got bent in about 10 jumps, none higher than 2 feet. View attachment 7925

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454618252.468864.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454618252.468864.jpg

/monthly_2016_02/ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454618252.468864.jpg.e71dc09135a8e27891f5af0f4695a7c5.jpg

designed2survive

Aluminum is the way to go. I don't know if there is an aluminum part for the DuneRunner though.

Had the same issue with my 5b. When I get home I'll share a pic of the part I got.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.