XT & XB A-B-C-D Gears List According RedCat Tech Support

Dreggsta

i called redcat tech support & talked to james. he was a great person to deal with as he hunted these numbers down for me. thot i'd share them w/y'all.

the xt from the factory has a tranny ratio of 9.6:1. the a-b-c-d gears are as follows: 29-31-25-25

the xb from the factory has a gear ratio of 8.9:1. the a-b-c-d gears are as follows: 29-31-26-24

so the xt does have lower gears.

he said the mt has 25-35-25-25 a-b-c-d gears.

he also said that the f/r diffs have 33-11.

the center diff he said 30-10.

i looked through the manual a month a go but i guess i did a poor job looking to see what gears go to what model bc it gives p/n's in the exploded view section. :eek: i guess i deserve the dunce hat for that.

thank you james for helping me out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dreggsta

dude, i'm a gear nut. i've swapped gears in diffs in trucks & atv's (atv's are easier lol). these gears in these redcats is like catnip to a cat to me (no pun intended haha).

i've noticed that every set up has a 110 total tooth gear set up. i don't know why tho. the 29-31-25-25, the 29-31-26-24 & the 25-35-25-25. i plan on ordering a 25t gear (they only come in a 3 pack) & trying it in the a-gear spot in place of the 29t a-gear. altho that'll put me at the 106 total tooth count. 4 short under the 110. anyways, i like experimenting & one of the things i like about these redcats is the commonality of the parts. that's a plus. anyone have a clue as to why the common 110t count?

G

i plan on ordering a 25t gear (they only come in a 3 pack) & trying it in the a-gear spot in place of the 29t a-gear
It won't touch the next gear.

G

anyone have a clue as to why the common 110t count?
Its because the shafts they mount to are fixed. If you go down a couple teeth you have to go up a couple teeth on the other side in order to mesh.

G

The gears can only be used in these configurations.

-

Last edited:

Dreggsta

that's funny you posted that pic rcdad. i saved it earlier when you posted it & i just went back to it & looked at it. i see what you are saying. i guess that explains the 110 total teeth count. i strongly appreciate your input. i feel like a pesky kid that's always asking why, why! haha. :D

krebidoux

Dreggsta said:
i called redcat tech support & talked to james. he was a great person to deal with as he hunted these numbers down for me. thot i'd share them w/y'all. the xt from the factory has a tranny ratio of 9.6:1. the a-b-c-d gears are as follows: 29-31-25-25

the xb from the factory has a gear ratio of 8.9:1. the a-b-c-d gears are as follows: 29-31-26-24

so the xt does have lower gears.

he also said that the f/r diffs have 33-11

the center diff he said 30-10.

i looked through the manual a month a go but i guess i did a poor job looking to see what gears go to what model bc it gives p/n's in the exploded view section. :eek: i guess i deserve the dunce hat for that.

thank you james for helping me out.
my xb came with 29-31-25-25. i got it when they first came out. they didn't even send me a manual for it. instead they sent me a manual for a twister, not even close.lol

travmess

Ok so question..... was lookin at the mcd gears will tye polyamid gears hold up to a obr prostock 30.5 and with offroad track abuse or ido i have to dump the extra dough for the steel ones? don't wanna spend the extra if i don't have to

G

Steel only. The early Redcats came with the plastic gears. They melted fairly easy.

G

Do you have an XT or XB?

The XB should come equiped 26,24 and the XT 25,25. This is to compensate for tire size differences.

G

Sound like an oversight at the factory.

It really not that big of a deal. We all upsize our tires to the Baja size anyway.

krebidoux

oversite? lol i bought mine when they first came out and they sent me a manual for a twister instead of the xb manual. sad to say the parts for the twister won't fit on the xb.lol

BertR

ok so my question to the gear nutts is..Say I flip the A and B to 31-29 what c and d gears will yield a higher speed .25-25 or 26 -24 with said A and B

G

26-24 would be slightly taller than 25-25

Members online

Latest posts