• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XT won't start.Fix or Replace?

ThatBigGuyOverThere

I have a new XT that have only ran 4 tanks through then it stopped running. The guys at my lhs who have worked on them went through that truck with a fine tooth comb before taking the head off and discovering the gasket was blown. We replaced the head gasket with a copper one and it still wont start.I still seems to have a slight leak around where the gasket is. I was wondering if I should use some hi temp silicon gasket sealer to help the gasket set and seal better? Has anyone triied it successfully? Also if I can't get it running I will replace the whole motor, carb and all. So what would be a good replacement motor for it? I have heard the HPI motor would drop in, but what else would work at a decent price?

G

OBR (Oneill Bothers Racing)

ESP

RCMK

The above all make great engines.

ThatBigGuyOverThere

It seems that a new motor might be needed lol. I was look at the OBR prostock motors. Are they a direct drop in? And will I get more torque than the stock motor?

G

Any ported engine is a night and day difference over stock. They do drop right in. You just need to swap the clutch case. The Zen case is just a tad wider.

G

Oh yeah, the fan shroud also. As the bottom holes are different. Never the less, both very easy swaps.

Deluge

Copper gaskets always gave me problems. I've been using the Zen paper gaskets with zero issues. Also, copper gaskets need to be annealed and they need sealant in order to seal properly. Not worth the hassle, in my opinion.

Deluge

ThatBigGuyOverThere said:
It seems that a new motor might be needed lol. I was look at the OBR prostock motors. Are they a direct drop in? And will I get more torque than the stock motor?
They're plug and play, pretty much. You'll get more power, for sure.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.