• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XT front left wheel locked up. Need parts

Neff

Needs to be a chassis section on this forum...

Well, enjoyed the XT for another 20 min the other day before the left front wheel locked up. After taking it apart just now, looks like the left front driveshaft pin through the shaft itself somehow locked up inside the cup, thus breaking the cup. Any known problems with these?

Appears I need the left front knuckle assy, (plastic messed up) left front driveshaft, and driveshaft cup?axle assy. The differintial side is fine, the knuckle side is what got messed up

not sure how this happened as I was just driving up and down the street, no donuts etc... just noticed it not driving on that corner like it should.

Best place to get parts? I'm not sure if any kind of warranty could fix it.

If anyone has spare parts laying around, let me know as I'd like to get it fixed soon. I'll also post in the wanted Section

PS, Whats the best way to take these axle wheel adapters off? Set screws are out and still cant spin it off

BertR

The pin in the CVD gets loose and works its way over and hits the steel insert on the hub and locks up or breaks shit in the process.

Silent_chaos

Been there. Open up the manual, you'll see all the required parts in an exploded view. you can also google the manual online. If you can post a pic of the broken plastic that will help a lot.

Stock parts can be found in the redcat shop online. You can access there by just clicking on the advertisers on the left of the page.

if you want to consider upgrading it check 7075rc for 7075 T6 Aluminum.

As for the pin getting loose, it locks the wheel and it just doesn't spin. If you don't notice it, ull end up breaking other shit.

Best way is to red loctite that motherfuc*er lol.

Guys here will tell you to use the blue loctite. For me even the red sometimes gets loose. To each his own.

It is caused by the vibration of the 2 stroke motor.

Same kind of loosening happens in real cars which run a super sound system with heavy bass.

Last edited by a moderator:

Neff

Noted... I'll start looking up what I need for parts. As off now, the plastic parts look like a part number

07117 caster block

07127 spindle

And theses wheel adapters? Both set screws are out. Shouldn't it just spin off the axle now. Doesn't seem to want to...

Silent_chaos

Post pics. If it's not spinning, either something is jammed or smthg blocking it

Neff

I didnt delve into it much yet. Just pulled the knuckle off. Not home now, but I'll check it out more tonight. I'll let you know. Thanks

crazyfast

I just learned you can buy a pair of the REAR Dogbones and run them in the front. That way you won't have to worry about that pin backing out and breaking other parts. I'm actually installing the rear dog bones on the front of my dads XT today.

chapinb

Silent_chaos said:
if you want to consider upgrading it check 7075rc for 7075 T6 Aluminum.

As for the pin getting loose, it locks the wheel and it just doesn't spin. If you don't notice it, ull end up breaking other shit.

Best way is to red loctite that motherfuc*er lol.

Guys here will tell you to use the blue loctite. For me even the red sometimes gets loose. To each his own.

It is caused by the vibration of the 2 stroke motor.
This. Use red. Grind a spot into the pin as mentioned as well.

crazyfast said:
I just learned you can buy a pair of the REAR Dogbones and run them in the front. That way you won't have to worry about that pin backing out and breaking other parts. I'm actually installing the rear dog bones on the front of my dads XT today.
Iv read this but also seen that it causes binding. Let us know how it works.

crazyfast

chapinb said:
This. Use red. Grind a spot into the pin as mentioned as well.Iv read this but also seen that it causes binding. Let us know how it works.
Ya so turns out on the X-series you can NOT run the rear dog bones in the front. The axle cup does in fact hit the hub carrier.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts