• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Xt carb help

Med 382

I bought a used rampage xt. It will start 4th pull everytime. Idles and will run for a couple of min and dies from a lack of fuel. Plug is dry when I check it. I have reset the carb to factory settings and nothing seems to help. From what I have been reading the simplest thing to do is get a new carb. This is where my confusion comes in at, which carb do I get? The pull rope cover says it is a zenoah G270RC. I don't know what CC it is or what carb I should replace my old one with? Thanks for any help.

Phill

Use a Walbro 668 but check that you don't have a tank venting issue first.
When it stops take the fuel cap off and listen for air rushing in.

Dobber72

I bought a used rampage xt. It will start 4th pull everytime. Idles and will run for a couple of min and dies from a lack of fuel. Plug is dry when I check it. I have reset the carb to factory settings and nothing seems to help. From what I have been reading the simplest thing to do is get a new carb. This is where my confusion comes in at, which carb do I get? The pull rope cover says it is a zenoah G270RC. I don't know what CC it is or what carb I should replace my old one with? Thanks for any help.
Vent your fuel cap lid sounds like. I would check that before I went to ordering new carbs that are a pain to ever get right.

Phill

I saw the pic of the carb you posted on Large Scale.
It's a POS chinese clone.
Chuck it and get a genuine Walbro 668.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online