• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XSC project

mk2mike

Contributor
Picked up an XSC with no body, and no compression for $100

Tore it apart, put a new top end on it, found the battery was bad, wheel bearings toast, throttle servo fried...

Turnigy High Voltage Throttle Servo See Link here

Turnigy High Voltage Steering Servo

See link here for steering servo

GBE filter set up (2 stage)GBE filter link

DDm Velocity Stack stack url

Walbo 997 Carb [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Walbro-Carburetor-WT997-King-Motor/dp/B00FT68PD4]walbro 997[/ame]

ada Billet aluminum intake manifold ada billet manifold

Jet Pro Side pipe on it JetPro exhaust

5000mah 5 cell Venon pack battery pack link

Outerwears for pull start and block (local hobby shop)

Fast Eddy wheel bearing kit wheel bearings

Also installed a 3 port fuel grommett set up with breather as I noticed my tank was not venting well at times...

Car runs great now!

10612727_10152630274363851_3084068176085078360_n.jpg

IMG_8972.jpg

IMG_8967.jpg

IMG_8973.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

BertR

Nice find!! All the upgrades and your still in cheaper than new with no upgrade.

mk2mike

Contributor
Thanks guys! I ordered a set of RamTech wheel adapters as I spun my hub on an XSC wheel.... terrible design.

Also with RamTech I ordered a 3rd Channel Kill switch and some Rovan wheels that almost look like Trencher knock-offs, yes they're staggered widths but feel it shouldn't make too big of a difference... though the Diameter of 7.5" is a big difference and what i'm looking for.

My only fear is the taller diameter of the wheel assembly will make contact with my JetPro side pipe, hope between the adapaters and lower offset of the new wheels it'll clear :confused:

Click here to see the wheels

mk2mike

Contributor
Rob, I was told by a friend today who also has a 1:5 scale Rampage that the gear plate is a must do item.... Would you suggest this as well?

rcgasser

mk2mike said:
Rob, I was told by a friend today who also has a 1:5 scale Rampage that the gear plate is a must do item.... Would you suggest this as well?
If you are running the plastic gear plate then yes it is a must do.

mk2mike

Contributor
Yessir, it's the plastic gear plate, pulled the cover, everything looks to be in okay shape, but will probably run this until it burns up. I started looking at aluminum hop ups and relized I wanted everything! So quickily got off the page

mk2mike

Contributor
Well good and bad news! My new wheels clear the side exhaust! BAD NEWS is I did not expect that, and now have a JetPro REAR mount exhaust new shipped to me by Dino fast, that I don't need... DOH

RamTech Adapters installed (forgot to take a picture, but wow... great product

RamTech Adapters

Rovan Excavator(sp?) wheels Roven Wheels/Tires

Have yet to install my kill switch, but the wheels made a huge difference over stock!

mk2mike

Contributor
Went out bashing with a buddy, dang lower screw for the knuckle backed out, got some good negative camber out of the deal though :p

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.