• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Xsc idle/run issue

Rampage mt

Hey my fathers xsc is havin some problems,it won't keep a steady idle it idles up and down and it only run for about 10 minutes aslong as you keep giving it throttle them it dies....any ideas?

Rampage mt

Those were the first things I checked,sprayed dw40 around carb and intake and no change tested my tank (mines vented) no change,I thought maybe his needles were set wrong but I went rich on low speed and worked back and it just wants to die if I don't keep giving it gas.

G

Do you have the carb set?

Also check to see if the throttle servo is causing the rpm fluctuations.

Sometimes the stock carbs can be problematic. It might be time to upgrade.

Rampage mt

It's a Hitec 645 throttle servo no movement in it,I tryed setting the carb but doesn't seem to work,only way it will stay running is if its revving high an the truck is jerking forward

Rampage mt

The actual idle screw should that be turned all the way in for tuning? I've always wondered that....my mt I just set by low speed needle and a little idle screw and the runs good now but curious about the idle screw

andyken

If the idle is all the way in...Is the low needle is set?

The leaner it gets the higher the idle rpm...then you can back out the idle a little.

Rampage mt

I think I got it....he was runnin the redcat "performance" mt pipe and that had a massive air leak so I put the stock can from my mt on and it runs perfect!

Rampage mt

Ok so...I fixed the idle problem however it still dies,it will sit there and idle no problem but as soon as you give it gas and let off it dies,I've even tryed a different motor with the same carb and same issue so possible the carb is no good?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.