• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Xbe

flarcer

A neighbor kid just got an XBE. It has the stock 980kv brushless motor. He wants to upgrade to Castle 1/5 XL setup. Will the Castle 1/5 XL motor mount directly to the Redcat mount? Are the mounting holes the same on the Castle as on the Redcat motor? Any other tips needed? Thanks

Ol' fart

The CC 2028 will not fit on a stock chassis. ( mine are 1/2 inch longer)

Besides thats too much motor. Tell him to run the Leopard 5692. My2c

krashkrieg

Contributor
Oh right, forgot it's too long...

And agree, too much power for the xbe...I run the 5692 and it's stupid fast...I keep up and pass mod gas motors...

flarcer

Thanks everyone for your input. I went to 7075 site and saw that they have different motor mounts for different motors, is there no "one mount fits all"? Do they all have the same mounting hole spacing? The Castle 1717, isn't that motor kinda small for a 1/5 scale?

krashkrieg

Contributor
Don't think so, there's motor mount and package only...

Don't bother with 1717

The 5692 is cheaper and better...don't even need to change stock esc for 6s

Last edited by a moderator:

Ol' fart

One mount does fit all. you just get the motor cam that fits your motor and your good. It will come with the hole pattern for your motor.

The problem with the 1717 is high kv. Find a motor with less than 1000kv and gear it to the speed you want.

krashkrieg

Contributor
Ol said:
One mount does fit all. you just get the motor cam that fits your motor and your good. It will come with the hole pattern for your motor. The problem with the 1717 is high kv. Find a motor with less than 1000kv and gear it to the speed you want.
You can go a bit higher, the Leo5692 is 1340kv and it's a screamer with no heat issues on 6s with 11/48 gears stock ESC

flarcer

Ol said:
One mount does fit all. you just get the motor cam that fits your motor and your good. It will come with the hole pattern for your motor. The problem with the 1717 is high kv. Find a motor with less than 1000kv and gear it to the speed you want.
Does this mean that between the (3) 1/5 motors Listed (the Leo the Castle and the Redcat) they don't share the same mounting hole spacing? I have a Castle in my own stuff, and I know the spacing is 30mm. Is that not universal for 1/5 scale?

krashkrieg

Contributor
No it's not universal...

The motor cam is the circle with holes around the pinion....the set screw you see and another on side keep it in place.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts