• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XBE Spur gear sloppy on the shaft

GRIPNRIP123

I purchased a new spur gear that came with a new shaft. The gear was very a very loose fit to the shaft. The problem might be a result of some unfavorable stack tolerance? Either way I shimmed it tighter with a 2mm shim under the collar that holds the spur to the shaft. I only took some of the play out, I can see a little slop being beneficial.

Has anybody else had this issue?

What did you do to correct it?

Do any of you use loctite to hold bearings into the spur mounts?

Thanks guys!

Looking forward to your thoughts.

Ol' fart

GRIPNRIP123 said:
I purchased a new spur gear that came with a new shaft. The gear was very a very loose fit to the shaft. The problem might be a result of some unfavorable stack tolerance? Either way I shimmed it tighter with a 2mm shim under the collar that holds the spur to the shaft. I only took some of the play out, I can see a little slop being beneficial. Has anybody else had this issue?

What did you do to correct it?

Do any of you use loctite to hold bearings into the spur mounts?

Thanks guys!

Looking forward to your thoughts.
Do you mean the gear is too thin or the hole in the middle is too big??

GRIPNRIP123

What gearing do you suggest for stock motor? I just ordered your 44 spur and am using an 11 pinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.