• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XBE-Rally Rebuild

G

I got bored so I thought I'd do a rebuild on my XBE. I've been drool'n over the the other builds. While I'm waiting on my modified XB chassis, I thought I'd start on the XBE. I wanted to try some different motor/esc options anyway.

I picked up the 7075RC chassis. Thought this was a good place to start. :)

I'm trying the Turnigy 730kv with the Turnigy 200a esc. It will be powered by dual 8s 5000mah 65-130c nano techs. Gearing will be 16/44 on 5b sized tires.

I've seen too many esc failures when paired with the Leopard 1340kv, so it's on the shelf for now. It most likely find a home in the boat.

If this combo isn't satisfying, I'll have to try one of the higher amp escs.

G

G

I just love these chassis. Awesome is an understatement...

Silent_chaos

What runtimes are you expecting with that gearing and tire size? 12-15 mins? :/ :/ :/

Correct me if im wrong but don't 2wd Epower get more runtime than 4wd Epower?

G

I'm shooting for 25-30 minutes. I will be running 2 5000mah in parallel. So that's 10,000mah.

Yeah, 4WD takes more energy. A 2WD should have slightly longer run times. I run slicks on this vehicle. There is a lot less drag on-road. I might see more than 30min.

G

I run the Hostile slicks, 5b size. I plan to run a narrower arms in the back so I can run the 5b rears and allow them to tuck in the wheelwells.

G

Got a few more bits installed, the rear brace and battery mounts.

G

I managed to get the front end all cleaned back up and mounted to the new chassis.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.