• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XB shocks

mrmopar1

Are the Redcat 710015 and 710016 upgrades? Aluminum body shocks. If not what do you suggest I use? I broke a front factory shock on second tank after hitting a small dirt mound for a jump. Thanx

G

Those are just the Resi version of the x-series shock. They are not any tougher, they hold more shock fluid to help keep the fluid temp stable. The MT shocks would be an upgrade.

mrmopar1

That would be the 050019 and 050020 Aluminum shocks for the MT with the little upper reservoir? Just wanna make sure I order correctly. Thank You

G

The 50002N & 50003N are the MT shocks. The shocks you listed are the MT Resi shocks they will also work.

G

No prob man!

G

They look cool. In theory they are better because they hold more fluid which helps to keep the fluid temp down. I have a set and I can't tell any difference. I don't race, just bash. Like I said they do look cool. :) The reason I bought mine was because they were not blue. I bought mine for an XB and didn't want to deanodize a new set of shocks.

-

G

The Resis do take a larger bolt, so you have to drill out the shock towers a little.

Tehlugz

I found a web page with some basic information on reservoir shocks:

http://www.atvsuspensiontech.com/reservoirs.htm

my interpretation of this in an rc context is:

considering that most rc's are traction limited the reduced mass of the basic shocks may improve the agility of the car, whereas the reservoir shocks could improve handling on bumpy terrain like cobblestones, pebbles, rocks

by virtue of it's increased volume of fluid and gas making the shock more plush without

sacrificing overall damping

they may be a significant upgrade specifically for the two stroke cars that constantly transfer vibration to the suspension system and counter the effects of that warming it up, creating wear and reducing overall traction

for the electrics:

honestly they seem only situationally useful and they increase the total mass and sprung mass of the car which would seem to make them a tuning option rather than a straight upgrade

from a purely practical point of view, money is probably better spent on tires, steering and power upgrades before worrying about total oil volume

however, they do look cool and may come in handy tackling extremely rough terrain

bare in mind, that's my opinion and not any kind of empirical fact

if anyone has them do tell, i'd like to know if there's a noticeable difference

over stock on any specific terrain types and i'll keep a note of it

Hayes371

jtphillips23 said:
They are the same
thank you sir...now my next question would be what do the baja guys upgrade to that doesn't cost a fortune?

jtphillips23

XB shocks

You can run them stock and be ok. Later you can install threshold umbrella seals and they will probably never leak again. Might want to eventually replace the stock shafts with aftermarket ones. Just make dilute you get the newer stockers with 6mm shafts. Most out there now are the 6mm though

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts