• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XB Shock Oil Weights

csp1971

Contributor
Anyone have a good starting point for some shock oil weight wise for the XB buggy?

camo

I put an extra o-ring at the bottom of the shocks and I'm using 20 wt fork oil as in the hpi Baja. leaking is almost non existing and stays very stable when the shocks get hot, ooo and I also run at the same track as demon.

csp1971

Contributor
Thanks guys, I'll have to go through my shock oils and see what different weights I have. Figured since I was going to tear down my XB before I ran it, I might as well refill the shocks too.

G

Nobody really knows what weight it is or even what it is. Redcat does not have that info.

G

I'm going to say somewhere around 50cc for the X-series shocks. I know a 60cc bottle of fluid is more than enough.

BertR

Awesome to know because I ordered 100cc of 40wt from ddm and was not sure how much I needed to do the job . Hell I may as well de anodize the caps and body's while I have them apart

G

It might be a little stiff. Even more so when it's cold. Give it a run and see how it drives. Part of the fun is experimenting with different setups.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts