• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Xb runs for 3 minutes & shuts off

Ronk

My son has an xb with a high flow air cleaner & a CPI exhaust - the buggy scream @ can easily spin all tires on asphalt - after 3-5 minutes of running it just shuts off - it restarts but continues to stall - has plenty of gas & spark plug running a nice dry brown - please help !

ImminentFailure

Does it race before dieing, or does it bog out?

If it races check vapor lock on your gas tank first. Seems like a possible problem given your description. The stock vent hole is junk, there's several threads on the forums about modding it different ways.

Best way to test this, is as it's dieing out just untwist the gas cap, should restore to normal running.

Ronk

Thanks , it doesn't race before stalling - it just stalls - we are aware of the gas cap holen& always make sure it's clear - when it runs it screams - could it be a bad plug even though it's running dry & light brown?

GTS 666

Might sound strange but I would check your head bolts to see if there tight and your head gasket it maybe have a small leak which I've had and it seemed to be causing the same probs.

AlvaSpeed

Most of the time is the fuel tank that gets presurized.

Drill a hole on the gas cap and put a vent hose.

That will solve your problem.

You can use a vent hose from a MX bike gas cap.

Ronk

Thanks Guys - will give the vent cap venting a try !

DustyR3825

Banned
AlvaSpeed said:
Most of the time is the fuel tank that gets presurized.Drill a hole on the gas cap and put a vent hose.

That will solve your problem.

You can use a vent hose from a MX bike gas cap.
+1 I had the same issue with my XB when I first got it. I vented the gas cap like AlvaSpeed said above it resolved the issue.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts