• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XB rear diff

andyken

Well, another exploded rear diff, ripped pinion out of it, again...

Is there a place that sells the complete diff?

Looking into upgrading to a 7075 rc diff, but also thinking of just repairing and selling....

There was a guy I got one from [on here?] it was a new take off , for like $50 but that was a while ago.

The only thing I can find now is individual parts, just the ring and pinion are over $60...

Thanks for any help !

BertR

I feel your pain andyken! I can't keep up with the diff's and gears on the plate destroying themselves.

Ice_2k

why does this happen? Is this a problem specific for the XB or is it something that's happening across the redcat range of vehicles?

Ildy666

The X series seem to have alot of flex & when it happens sometimes the diffs. Flex too causing this to happen.

designed2survive

The XB stock chassis is not very sturdy if you push it too far.

I'm in the process of making an under chassis brace (front to rear) that will strengthen the stock chassis. I'll keep you all updated.

Last edited by a moderator:

BertR

designed2survive said:
The XB stock chassis is not very sturdy if you push it too far.I'm in the process of making an under chassis brace (front to rear) that will strengthen the stock chassis. I'll keep you all updated.
I ended up doing the same kind of brace with 1inch x 1/2 inch strip from front to rear..it did help a lot but unfortunately I do beat the piss out of it and it still happens not as often.

andyken

I think some of it is chassis flex, but mostly I feel that the input bearing holder.

It [heats up?] gets loose in the housing then the mesh goes to hell ...then boom rips pinion out.

Doesn't seem to happen to the front diff, also mine has usually blown up when the rear end starts bouncing and on the throttle.

Last edited by a moderator:

designed2survive

BertR said:
I ended up doing the same kind of brace with 1inch x 1/2 inch strip from front to rear..it did help a lot but unfortunately I do beat the piss out of it and it still happens not as often.
What type of metal and thickness did you use?

BertR

designed2survive said:
What type of metal and thickness did you use?
Not sure what grade aluminum it was but it was strong stuff.. It was the length of the chassis from the kick up to the rear bumper 1/2 inch thick by 1 inch wide....had to drill a few holes in it to have access to some of the hardware it covered up

phreerider

i currently have this project under way , the weight addition is maybe 4% of total if that. i have noticed Left rear forward lower arm pin bushing mount is a high wear part , not just the bushing the mount (in 7075) is worn not just the bushing, never had a diff box crack open.

its 6061 AL 3/4"x 1/2" full length , i have had the 7075rc diff box and never had an issue with diff pinion/box failure, even with pinion inner bearing failure, everything still stayed together and pinion split the bearings it spit out like peas!

andyken

Was thinking of making a mt diff fit my xb.

Anyone know if they're the same gear ratio?

I got a mt housing and it is larger than my xb, bearings are larger, and my xb diff looks too small to fit in.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts