• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

xb rear diff. distruction

cordy

Here is a picture of my rear diff.case. I was running in a flat field, did some donuts,top end runs. Getting ready for the track with Lightforce and the boy`s. So my track appearance will be delayed. 100_0280.jpg

cordy

I really don't know. I was driving and it just quit moving. There was a lot of oil on the pan. Boy I hate tearing it down.

LightForce

That was with jetpro pipe?

How long were you running at top speeds?

Did the bearing over heat and melted the plastic enclosure or just explode?

It`s weird did not happen to me with the abuse XB took for the last month.

cordy

I was using the stock pipe with holes drilled through it. Melted my body,but shit did it fly! I will take more pic`s. when I get over it and tear it down.So the Green honet stung himself!

cordy

Well I think what saved me was when it blew,I lost the 11t diff. gear ,drive cup,and the two bearings. I bet if the gear case did not explode thier would have been as you said gear rape! Perhaps it`s best to tone it down a little with these xb`s and xbe`s. Imagine haveing buggy`s that are to fast! ha ha.

LightForce

Looks like bearing overheated and failed then the case melt down to the point it threw the pinion and cup out .

I think V2 needs all bearings to be bigger .

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts