• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Xb Powerless Problem !!!

MikeAngelo

Hello To Everybody, First Of All I'm New To The Hobby And I Bought A Rampage Xb Becouse I Like It Alot....after I Bought It I Made The Recomended Brake In ...now After 5 Tanks I Cleaned The Air Filter As I Saw On You Tube And I Reoiled With The K&n Air Filter Cleaning Kit(for Regular Cars)...i Mention That I Didn't Oiled To Much...after I Oiled I Feel That My Xb Dosen't Have Any Power...its Starting Right Away...and Sometimes When I Try To Accelarate It Its Stopping But When I Try To Start Its Starting Right Away...when I Accelarating I Feel That Is Powerless At Take Off And I Also Fell That At Full Throtlle Its Like Something Is Keeping It From Having The High End Power....i'm Wondering That The Oil From Air Filter Getted In The Engine...please Help Me With This...i Appreciate That Alot...i Mention That I Checked All The Screws And They Are Tight...

Dirtconvert

Usually with a break in, not only do you clean and oil the filter, you replace the spark plug. To be sure you didn't oil too much, squeeze your filter, if oil comes out you over oiled the filter. K&N filter oil is designed for a gauze type filter element not a foam filter element. Need to clean it out and buy treatment for foam type filters.(providing you have a foam filter that is) If none of the above applies, remove your carb and clean out the jets. A piece of sand is enough to foul up your carb. Good luck.

Deluge

Check this out.

---

# How should I adjust the jets on a Walbro Carburetor (WA-167 / WT-603 / WT-668 / WT-257 / WT-813, etc)?

These carburetors require regular adjustment to ensure peak performance, and also to avoid an unsafe lean condition, which can prematurely damage your engine. If you find your top-end RPM's have fallen off a bit, or if you experience lagging or surging, it is probably time to re-adjust the carb jets.

To ensure max performance and engine life, follow this procedure:

1) Locate the low and high RPM jets on the side of the carb - they are usually marked with a L and a H. Turn both jets completely CLOCKWISE ( to the fully closed position).

2) Rotate the Low jet counter-clockwise to 1 and 1/4 turns open.

3) Rotate the High jet counter-clockwise to approx 1 and 3/8 turns open.

4) Now, start the engine. You may need to turn the Low jet slightly one way or the other for the engine to start.

5) Adjust the Low jet as desired until the idle is where you like it. Turning clockwise ("CLOSING" THE JET) will produce a higher idle, and counterclockwise ("OPENING" THE JET) will produce a lower idle (and eventually flood and the engine will kill, if you turn it too far).

6) Open the throttle lever to full blast. Adjust the High jet until you get maximum RPMs. Note: this will probably be REALLY LOUD. Listen for the highest-pitched whine to tell you where max RPMs are hit. AFTER YOU FIND THE MAX RPM SETTING, TURN THE HIGH JET COUNTER-CLOCKWISE ("OPEN" THE JET) APPROX 1/16TH OF A TURN TO ENSURE YOU HAVE SUFFICIENT GAS/OIL MIX TO COOL THE ENGINE PROPERLY.

Note: The above are just general guidelines. You may need to adjust both the H and L screws once you begin driving, depending on engine loading, altitude, humidity, etc. The trick is to find settings that work well for you, and stick with them.

Here is some helpful information regarding common carburetor tuning problems:

If your engine stutters at full throttle and cannot reach full RPMs:

The high jet is too far open. Close the jet by turning it clockwise slightly, and then ride-test. If no improvement, repeat until desired results are achieved. Once you have found a workable setting, open the jet approx 1/16 of a turn to ensure sufficient fuel/air mix.

If your engine bogs out when transitioning from low speed:

The high jet is too far closed. Open the jet by turning it counterclockwise until you are at least 1 1/2 turns open, and then gradually close the jet until performance is as desired. Poor engine compression, blocked exhausts, and very heavy engine loading can all also cause bogging.

If your engine idles very fast and kills if you attempt to slow the idle:

You may have an air leak in your intake. An easy way to check for leaks is to spray the intake manifold and area surrounding it with WD-40. If the idle changes after you spray the WD-40, there is an air leak. Common areas for leaks are between the manifold and the cylinder, and between the carb and the intake manifold. Inspect the manifold, carb gasket, and intake gasket for cracks or other signs of damage, and replace if necessary.

If your engine idles but then slowly kills:

Your low jet is too far open. Close the low jet by turning it clockwise until a stable idle is achieved.

# What are the recommended carburetor needle settings for my engine?

DDM recommends the following tuning as a STARTING POINT for tuning your engine:

G230RC / G260RC / CY23RC / CY26RC / CY27RC / CY29RC / GP290 engines: 1 and 1/4 L, 1 and 3/8 H.

---

MikeAngelo

Thx alot guys for your promt response, i will try as u suggested, so u basically say that the small amount of k&n oil it couldn't hurt the engine,right? (i squeezed the filter and nothing comed off but i saw sprayed oil in the intake ), also would walbro 990 make a huge difference? and i saw also TGN air filters that are in angle(so i don't have to move the linkages)...what u guys think about that??? Thx again !!!

Dirtconvert

No, filter oil will not hurt your motor. One thing no one has said yet, what 2 cycle oil are you using and are you shaking your fuel can to mix your gas and oil before use? Should do that every time. With cheaper two cycle premix oils you will need to be rigorous in making sure it is mixed well or that will flood your engine with too much oil and that would mimick what you are describing. Easiest way to tell if you are too low a ratio for your motor is with your spark plug. A black, wet plug is oil fouled and you need.to lean your ratio. As suggested, with the motor running, spray around your motor to check for air leaks. You should remove your clutch and check your crank bearings the same way if you have tried all these things and nothing is better.

MikeAngelo

hy, i used lucas 2 cycle oil (the best i could find at autozone) on 1:25 ratio for brake in as recomended in the manual and 93 octane gas that i had in a gas can stored for a month that i shaked well. i think that i will buy a jetpro pipe and a better air filter but i don't know wich its better and probably a better carburettor if that it will be the problem. thx alot for all the suggestions...i hope its not a faulty cluch :confused:

tboracing

help

for the oil mix is 3oz or 4oz? in one gallon?

dozer187

im almost positive the 30cc's are the same as the 26 and 23cc in terms of ratio which is 25 to one.......which is 5.2 oz of oil per gallon of gas.....u might wana check the manual that came with ur truck just to be sure

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts