• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XB-E upgrade

Ol' fart

Well, I got the parts in. Try to get it put together this weekend. I had to remount the front battery box's

1717 70.00

5100 ma batteries 115.00 each

Connecters 12.00

boots 20.00

Stock radio and servo is working fine. I think I'll get a run time of 20+ min.

Going to leave the gearing alone for now.

cenmatrixsc

My 1717 arrived the other day. I also got an order from Hobbyking for 6 5000 mah 11volt packs. Got 6 of them for $270 shipped to my door. I am going to run them parallel.

with the 6 cell max on the esc, will you be running 1 pack at a time or running them in series?

Longrivers

Those look Sweeeeeet!!!!!!

Just keep stock for now, and I am going to get the Team Associate TC6 for track racing, I when to track last night 10min from my house. I think I may get hook to this too.

Pleas keep us post how is fast and run time.

Ol' fart

with the 6 cell max on the esc, will you be running 1 pack at a time or running them in series?

Both packs together for 10200ma at 22.2 volts

Ol' fart

pic's

Everything fits well. still under 19lbs. Got a little soldering to do. I'll get back with a run time this afternoon.

Ol' fart

opps

I broke it, stoping.

I slide on to the road with the brakes locked up and the pinion gear could'nt take it.

Hey Redcat, that counterbore in the end of the gear dosn't need to be there, leave it solid ( small thru hole only)

Odviusly I can't give you a run time but I was at 8 minuets when it broke and

still had insane power.

Ol' fart

It is a Module 1.5 10 tooth, pitch dia is 15.833.

The 10 tooth part is what makes it a bastard part. I looked into getting some stock and making my own but Module 1.5 starts at 12 teath and goes up from there. If you switched out to 12 tooth or higher you can get anything you need,including hardened ground gears.......but pricy.

Obeast44

Banned
I will see what I can dig up, I gotta feel like thats gonna be a rough one to find. With the 1500kv Castle 1717 I was considering dropping to 9t pinion...Oh boy!

Ol' fart

closer.....

Nice work Obeast44

See if you can find the gear rod. It comes in 12 inch plus length's.

I can then machine it to length with the right size bore and extre set screws. Hell, we could even make extra wide gears too...super strong.

DemonRC

Dam, I had a few places bookmarked with 1.5 mod gear stock in 1', 3', and 6' lengths. That was before my machine went kaput. I'll go see if I can find them again.

Ok I found the gear stock but the smallest they have is Mod 1.5 14 teeth. No 10 or 12 :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Ol' fart

No video yet

Still working on aluminum steering upgrade so I can add boots to the front universels. I've received the oversize bearings(10x22x6) and I'm acually at work now making the first set. With any luck I'll have some pic's today......and maybe a video Sunday.

It is very fast. I like the body cutout slhawken's has and I sure it will help alot with cooling.....

Last edited by a moderator:

auto2

sounds like a larger spur gear is in order. i havnt seen one of these yet but is that a possible thing to do? will it hit the chassis? need to raise center dif? what would fit?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts