• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XB-E Converted to a Pajero Tow Rig pulling a trailer with a VW Touareg on it.

XBENOOB

Ok... So I finished up the Pajero, and took it out with the same batteries I was using during testing... So not fully charged...

I was driving it for 10 minutes when I realized that I hadn't been recording for the last 9 minutes...

So here's a less than 1 minute video of it running.... I will upload a better video once I recharge the batteries, and it stops raining...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05tmjIFUDRI[/ame]

DUFFY

Hehe, nice. I would like to request a drag race video if those too:) after the trailer one is redone.

XBENOOB

I could do that.... But I would need to find a second driver who doesn't constantly crash into everything.... lol

I think the VW would win... It's lighter. The Pajero has gained some weight. I replaced the BEC with two 2s 4000mah batteries run in parallel.

So the Pajero has 4 batteries in it, and the undertray and body isn't light either.

BoukeG

Really nice video! I loved the lights on the wheels, and the blinking when it turns. I've seen them at my local hobby shop once, very nice!

And it lights your whole garage when you drive it back in. Great details sf writer ;-)

XBENOOB

Guantanamo Joe said:
That's a pretty amazing rig you have built there... However the driver or the Pajero now needs a boat :D Great job with the build and fabrication of all that...
Thanks Joe... But for a boat, you would need water... and that would mean I would have to get one to retrieve it.. That is way more money than I want to spend... Besides... I get enough of a sinking feeling just dealing with my customers.. Don't need it from my hobby as well.... lol

BoukeG said:
Really nice video! I loved the lights on the wheels, and the blinking when it turns. I've seen them at my local hobby shop once, very nice!And it lights your whole garage when you drive it back in. Great details sf writer ;-)
Thanks BoukeG.... Yes they are really bright lights... and the killerrc light kit is really great.. I am a computer programer so that is why it is SFW RITE R :D (or as my wife would put it... Silly Fart Wasting Really Impressive Time & Energy Relaxing)

Deluge said:
Love the turn signals!
Thanks Deluge... Walmart auto department again for the trailer lights... They are LED Marker lights... Completely sealed and designed to run on 12V... They seemed to be the right scale...

G

Thanks Deluge... Walmart auto department again for the trailer lights... They are LED Marker lights... Completely sealed and designed to run on 12V... They seemed to be the right scale...
They look perfect. I'm going to have to check them out. Do you run yours off the 6v bec power or did you add another battery?

G

Gotcha..7.4v 8000mah that's some serious light & servo power!

The 5765 is a great servo.

XBENOOB

Yes it is a great servo.... It's a big rig and it needs big power... With that much power even gets the LED's warm... lol

I have removed all strain from the ESC's internal BEC. So all the power from the two 5000mah 3s lipos goes to the motor. All the BEC drives is the fan on the ESC.

Deluge

XBENOOB said:
No problem, dude! Need to check out their auto department the next time I'm there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts