• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XB-E batteries!?!?

Can i upgrade my (2) stock Hexfly 3900 Lipo 11.1V 25c's on my Redcat Rampage XB-E for (2) Turnigy 5.0 (5000mah) 2 cell 7.4v??? I noticed that it says above in the thread that it will fry the servos, but the Redcat Hexfly upgrade sheet lists a HX-580030C-BV2, 5800mah, 30C, 7.4v lipo battery as an upgrade???

designed2survive

Can i upgrade my (2) stock Hexfly 3900 Lipo 11.1V 25c's on my Redcat Rampage XB-E for (2) Turnigy 5.0 (5000mah) 2 cell 7.4v??? I noticed that it says above in the thread that it will fry the servos, but the Redcat Hexfly upgrade sheet lists a HX-580030C-BV2, 5800mah, 30C, 7.4v lipo battery as an upgrade???

@Bill 2017 Rampage XB-E Here is a link that you will find really useful regarding lipo batteries.

I'm not an electric RC guy, but I'm interested in experiencing with one and have been digging information.

Wayne

Going from a three cell to a two cell is going to cause the vehicle to slow down because you are dropping the voltage to the motor. The electronic speed control (ESC) has a built in voltage regulator that lowers the voltage being sent to the radio receiver/servos. External BEC's are also available that do the same thing. The number of cells determines the voltage of the battery. The mah determines storage or how long the batter will run before loosing power. The C rate determines how fast/efficiantly a battery can dump electricity.

Wayne

Going from a three cell to a two cell will cause your vehicle to run slower because you are reducing the voltage to the motor. The number of cells determines the voltage. Your vehicle probably has an electronic speed control (ESC) that regulates the voltage that is sent to the motor and radio receiver/servos. There are also external voltage regulators called BEC. The mah determines storage power for a batter or how long it will run before loosing power. The C rate determines efficiency or how fast a battery can release it's electricity.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts