• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XB CVD Pin retain help

rockin g

I cant tell you how many times I go out to the track, after having repaired something else in between races, climb the massive drivers stand, start driving and one of the front wheels locks up. The CVD pin, even when seated in the groove, slides out JUST enough to hit on one of the screws that hold the knuckle (Bearing holder) The set screw is locktighted and the tightened so hard, I can almost feel it stress. :) The bearing holders are the 7075's and the screws stick out maybe a 1/16 inch. I could either use shoter screws, which more than likely would unthread them selves even if locktighted since the next shortest screw will more than likely be TOO short, or I could grind the end of the screws of JUST enough to clear the pin...But then the pin halfway comes out then and then it cracks the axle cup. Do you think heat shrink will hold up to the heat generated by these beasts?

andyken

What if...you add a washer or lock washer?

Either that or grind a little off, put a nut on the screw first.

Then when you take it off it will clean up the threads a little.

G

I use shorter screws with the 7075 RC hubs & adapters. Just use locktite and they will stay on. A lot of guys will ditch the CVDs and run dog bones up front as well.

Deluge

Shorten the screw a bit. Heat shrink should hold up fine. I've seen it used on diff cups and CVD's. You could try and notch the pin a little more so the set screw can grab it a little better. Might want to try some blue Loctite on the set screw, as well. Use the Loctite stick, though. The liquid version could seep out and lock up the CVD.

G

You deffinately would be busted out the heat gun or torch.

rampagemt

Clean the set screw good and use red locktight and i still busting out the cuss words haha and then Shoe Goo around the axle pin on the 2 spots it slides through

rockin g

Thanks fellas, I don't need any more curse words for this car. LOL It probably already feels like a verbally abused child of a sailor. :)

RAMJET

the slot ground in the pin is quite a bit wider then the tip of the set screw(setscrew is pointed) ,you could flatten the tip of the set screw slightly this will help the setscrew keep the pin centered.I use red loctite and have had no problems so far. I would also shorten those screws in the steering knuckles.

you could also get some new 4mm x 20mm pins and grind a smaller slot to keep it centered.

Roger

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts