• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XB arrived and now have some questions

amstel78

My XB arrived the other day and I finally got around to opening the box. I do have a few questions which I hope someone can answer.

1. Included with the tools was a spare part bag that contains #07190-Front Brace Holder. What is this for? I couldn't find anything in the exploded diagrams that resemble this.

2. I've found the 4th radio box screw directly under the air filter housing to be rather difficult to access. How do I take the front air filter ring off the housing so I can access the screws that hold the filter assembly to the carb. The plastic ring rotates and there's a small tab. I tried pulling it off but it didn't want to budge so I didn't force it.

3. I've attached the included failsafe to the receiver and hooked up the throttle servo to it. What is the process for configuring the failsafe?

4. Are the front and rear differential joint cups secured via grub screws? My XTM X-Factor's joint cups were held by grub screws inside the diff. It was a huge PITA to tighten those up if they ever came lose. It involved having to take the entire diff case apart. Is this buggy the same?

G

1. Included with the tools was a spare part bag that contains #07190-Front Brace Holder. What is this for? I couldn't find anything in the exploded diagrams that resemble this.
They are front shock tower supports. They are installed on the XT & XSC, but don't fit under the buggy body. If you want to use them you can notch the body.

G

2. I've found the 4th radio box screw directly under the air filter housing to be rather difficult to access. How do I take the front air filter ring off the housing so I can access the screws that hold the filter assembly to the carb. The plastic ring rotates and there's a small tab. I tried pulling it off but it didn't want to budge so I didn't force it.
It does pop off. You will want to upgrade that filter if you like the dirt. The DT1 is the best that still fits under the body.

G

3. I've attached the included failsafe to the receiver and hooked up the throttle servo to it. What is the process for configuring the failsafe?
Do your self a favor and throw it in the trash. You need to install a kill switch before you run her. A fail safe does no good on a stuck servo or battery issue.

G

4. Are the front and rear differential joint cups secured via grub screws? My XTM X-Factor's joint cups were held by grub screws inside the diff. It was a huge PITA to tighten those up if they ever came lose. It involved having to take the entire diff case apart. Is this buggy the same?
Diff cups set screws are outside the diffs. Pretty easy to get to.

amstel78

RCDAD said:
Diff cups set screws are outside the diffs. Pretty easy to get to.
What about the diff cups for the wheel dogbones?

amstel78

Quick picture. Man this thing is huge. I've got my Raptor next to it for perspective.

I will order a kill switch and a voltage monitor in the next few days.

I also put loctite on everything I could think of that would need it so I believe I'm set for the break-in process tomorrow.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by a moderator:
G

amstel78 said:
What about the diff cups for the wheel dogbones?
They are held in place with pins inside the diffs. No set screws. Here is a schematic.

-

G

amstel78 said:
Quick picture. Man this thing is huge. I've got my Raptor next to it for perspective.I will order a kill switch and a voltage monitor in the next few days.

I also put loctite on everything I could think of that would need it so I believe I'm set for the break-in process tomorrow.

Nice Heli :cool:

BertR

That serves the same as the built in failsafe in the tx /rx and you wont need it and yes it will apply breaks if the battery is wiped in the tx/rx in theory

amstel78

BertR said:
That serves the same as the built in failsafe in the tx /rx and you wont need it and yes it will apply breaks if the battery is wiped in the tx/rx in theory
I don't think my TX/RX has a built-in failsafe.

BTW, can anyone make a recommendation for a charge lead so I don't have to keep opening the radio box to charge the battery? The switch does not have a charging wire attached to it which makes it very inconvenient.

G

If you get a better battery pack most will come with dual leads. You can also solder in another lead before the switch.

amstel78

Thanks for the link.

Last question - on initial start I had inadvertently flooded the engine. All was well after a took the plug out and cranked the engine over quite a bit. What I wanted to ask was is there an easier way to access the spark plug without having to partially disassemble the roll cage?

G

Some hinge the top section. I use the aluminum cage and offset the plug hoop.

amstel78

RCDAD said:
Some hinge the top section. I use the aluminum cage and offset the plug hoop.
Could you please describe how to hinge the top section? I'm also interested in the aluminum cage and was curious as to how you have the hoop mounted in an offset fashion?

BTW, apologies for posting this in the wrong section. I just realized that this thread is in the XB engine section and not in the general area where it should be. Perhaps the moderator could kindly move this thread to the appropriate area. :eek:

G

Here is my aluminum cage. I rotated the rear of the hoop to the side.

-

amstel78

Looks great. Did you just drill another set of mounting holes for the hoop?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts