• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

X series roll cage

G

I thought I would buy the aluminum roll cage for my XB. It is not too expensive and I thought I might add on to it later. After stripping it I installed it. I was told by a friend that it looked too tall. I grabbed the body and sure enough the spark plug hoop hit the body. Maybe this was an oversight or maybe it is ment to be a track handle sticking up through the body. It would be fine with any of the truck bodies, but the XB body fits tight. I decided to cut about 1/4 inch off the hoop. Worked fine. :)

--

B4

e6824947.jpg

--

After trimming

827ed05b.jpg

RampageHopUps

That is a recipe for disaster. The rubber boot is going to wear and you will get a short.

G

That is a recipe for disaster. The rubber boot is going to wear and you will get a short.
I was concerned about that also. I also was not that fond of the hoop to one side of the plug. I was thinking of moving it over and adding a second hoop. I want to weld it up and ditch the screws. Possibly running another set of braces forward.

G

Now i know after your last monster you didnt buy a stock cage.lol
Yeah, I know. Lol

I just hated the plastic cage with all the other hop-ups. The cage is cheap enough to throw away if I don't like it. Lol. Actually I might use it for prototype and have it copied out of titanium. I just love that stuff. I wish I could weld titanium.

Ron E

Contributor
i'll be having a cage made soon for my xt i just aquired... this one will fit under body and protect the custom vrc silenced pipe.

G

i'll be having a cage made soon for my xt i just aquired... this one will fit under body and protect the custom vrc silenced pipe.
Nice, get some pics up when it's done.

Ron E

Contributor
DustyR3825 said:
I want to see a pic of the VRC pipe mounted....
wont be to long... obeast has the xt & pipe, motor is on it's way to him, radio next week? then jus receiver batt & kill switch. then will come to me & the pipe will be modified & cage made. i'll take some pipe & cage build pics this time, my cousin that builds the pipe's & cages does awesome work & i'm usually jus standing there watching him work & telling him what i want... i'm very lucky :D

Last edited by a moderator:

savagekiller

Ron E said:
You think any companies will come out with a buggy style roll cage? Or we are gonna have to make these our selves?

Ron E

Contributor
savagekiller said:
You think any companies will come out with a buggy style roll cage? Or we are gonna have to make these our selves?
prolly have to make/fabricate our own... just not a big enough market. time to get creative :D

Topher

Rol Cage

I got one of those cages RC Dad the screws are too short I'll have to get some longer ones,just a heads up for people looking to buy one.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts