• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

X-Can leaking

MOfroggy

I can't seem to keep the 6" pipes on my X-Cam screwed in tight. They back out and leak exhaust gunk all over the rear of the truck and body. Is there a trick to keeping them tight?

MOfroggy

One of the problems is that the plates where it screws in is so thin there is not much meat for it to seat on. If I knew the thread size I could possibly put lock nuts on both sides.

Do you possibly have a "brand name" for the Hot Silicone, I have never heard of it.

MOfroggy

Thanks for the tip. Is there any way to put a "lock nut" on the inside of the can on the exposed threads? Do you happen to know the thread configuration of the stingers by any chance?

A good after market part would be a two part clamp that you put about 1/2 way down the pipes with a brace that was hooked from the clamp back to one of the 6 bolts that hold the exhausts cover on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts